Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Director, HRBP you will act as a Consultant by providing HR advising, executive coaching, insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenge and leader development. You will also engage in the development of successful business strategies.
For Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership Development, you will diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change, and influence action before a crisis or inflection point arrives. You will conduct leadership assessment and OD planning to identify next generation leaders. Advise on development of key talent collaborating with Country HR as necessary.
- Business HR Operations – In partnership with the executive clients, ensures excellent planning and implementation of key HR activities:
- Support key hires and ensure timely exits. Work with Recruiting on key hiring projects for the business.
- Advise on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year. Ensure end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all HR functions. Connect leaders and employees with appropriate HR Resources. Support all employees with performance/behavior gaps and handle labor relations cases.
- On an ongoing basis, apply advanced knowledge of employment law, experience and good judgment to quickly resolve all labor relations issues for the relevant client groups. This might include preparing and approving Performance Improvement Plans, conducting employee meetings, internal investigations, external investigations and exit interviews.
On a regular basis, this role will anticipate and actively work with the various leadership teams, and the executive leaders to ensure and maintain appropriate staffing levels. This position will work closely with the Recruiting team, and Compensation and Benefits to ensure that recruiting support to these organizations is provided and delivered. This may include collaborating with an immigration attorney, negotiation of offers and appropriate on-boarding planning.
- Ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance
- Act as the Splunk Cultural advocate and steward; propose ideas to improve Splunk culture and employee engagement.
- Prepare, maintain and use relevant data to inform and build insights for client groups.
- Develop and refine organization-wide and site-specific Human Resources solutions and practices as needed and/or directed to implement, or with, federal, state and local laws and improve/maintain the quality of Splunk culture.
- Thinking Strategically- Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that pursue complex business challenges to address org issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the end to end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Understanding of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Business insight - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Partnering and influence - Determine and present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management are required. Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide labor relations support as described.
- Outstanding planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are essential. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. The ability to handle performance is also required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is essential, and excellent customer service skills.
- 15+ years of proven and progressing HR responsibility and experience required.
- Previous experience in the software industry preferred but not required.
- Maintains an awareness and currency of Human Resources principles and practices. This may involve attending advanced training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed. This may also entail participation with and maintenance of memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; collaborating with peers.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or OD Masters Degree preferred not required.
Travel Requirements and Demands:
- Primary base (3 days a week minimum) at Splunk's San Francisco HQ. Ability to travel to our remote offices and internationally as needed.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.