Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is currently seeking an outstanding individual to step into this newly created role. In this role you will build & lead a team of Global Service Provider sales executives charged with generating and driving new business by selling to and with a set of named global Service Provider accounts. This position is a high-profile growth opportunity that demands a highly motivated individual with strong sales, communications, management and organizational skills.
- As a leader you will build and lead the service provider sales team to drive the MSP sell to/sell with business to achieve and outperform the targeted iACV with accounts such as ATOS, Capgemini, DXC, HCL, NTT and Wipro.
- Lead, coach, cultivate and manage 5 Service Provider sales executives, dispersed geographically.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license revenue and growth targets with commitment to the number and to deadlines. Carefully lead a balanced scorecard of support and services revenues to ensure customer success.
- Sets clear, challenging goals and pursues those goals with passion. Identifies and mitigates risks to drive the highest possible sales impact and outcomes within these accounts.
- Lead the effective collaboration of “Deal level” framing, shaping negotiating strategies and tactics between sales and partners at both new and existing customers to drive new logos and iACV revenue.
- Bring a strong professional network and ensure dives and inclusive practices to attract, recruit and retain top talent.
- Establish executive level relationships within the named Global SP accounts.
- Lead and run technical and partner resources to maximum effect. You will have dotted line reports in this area.
- Teams with Partner Programs organization to provide strategic inputs on the partner program as it relates to driving the Service Provider business.
- Conduct regular sales and forecast calls with the team, superiors and theater partners. Partner with renewal sales counterparts.
- Act as a good corporate citizen to ensure two-way flow of relevant and timely information; lead encourage and inspire the team.
- Provide timely and insightful input to other corporate activities, particularly product management, marketing, partner programs and enablement.
- Minimum of 15 years prior sales experience with Enterprise Software and/or Cloud Services (including Enterprise SaaS), with track record of closing 6-, 7- and 8-figure software licensing deals
- 7+ years of sales management with experience building and running front-line account teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- Past experience and relationships with the listed Service Providers
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Able to work independently and remotely, yet maintain management and leadership of your team, and collaborative contact and relationship with colleagues and superiors.
- Diligent in measuring and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plans
- You are adaptable and flexible, and able to work and thrive in fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA and/or Technical undergraduate degree a strong plus
- Location: already located in a major U.S. city such as NYC, Washington DC, SF etc. (we are not able to offer relocation)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.