Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Director, Global Partner Programs & Initiatives to own strategic GTM partner initiatives including the alignment with our Global RTM leaders in driving the strategy, design, build and execution of the Splunk Partner+ Program. In this key leadership role, you will align our global initiatives that drive transformation, aligned to our 3 year strategy with Partners. A core responsibility will be the execution of Splunk’s partner programs and incentives, as well as key projects that support indirect routes-to-market to deliver independent and incremental booking streams. The role will span high-level strategy creation through to successful project delivery and execution. You will work closely with executives and senior leadership from the Partners, Operations, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales and Product teams to achieve agreed upon outcomes and metrics. You are a strategic thinker, analytical, self-motivated and flexible, plus possesses the skills required to execute successfully on multiple concurrent projects. You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment that relies on teamwork.
If you are looking to make a huge impact every day, come and join the provider of the Data-to-Everything Platform.
- Lead the Partner Programs & Initiatives team of senior professionals focused on driving partner programs and lead strategic initiatives.
- Responsible and accountable for the strategy of Splunk’s Partner+ Program, which is the framework that supports all indirect routes to market, including partners that sell, service and build solutions on Splunk.
- Lead strategy, design and execution of key strategic initiatives for the Global Partner organization, aimed at aligning indirect routes-to-market to deliver independent and incremental booking streams.
Build & Deliver Next Generation Partner+ Program
- Define, build and execute Splunk Partner+ Program models and frameworks, including transforming partner ecosystems to Cloud & SaaS models. Partner Programs are inclusive of partners of all types, including Cloud Providers, Service Providers/MSPs, Systems Integrators, Reseller/VARs, Distributors, OEM/ISV and Technology Alliance partners.
- Use a data driven approach that also incorporates partner feedback and internal feedback to ensure an outstanding program.
- Educate and influence key internal stakeholders on the development and enhancements required to continue to be an award-winning program.
- Collaborate with Finance, Pricing and Business Operations to drive and deliver financial modeling to project impact and recommend program and incentive design.
- Own responsibility for driving program changes in alignment with corporate strategy and goals, along with execution and launch activities. These activities include creating communications, presentations, program guides, collaborating with Operations, Legal, Partner Marketing and other teams.
- Establish key success criteria and metrics for partner programs supporting all Splunk’s partners across sales, services and solutions/technology motions.
- Inform and guide our Partner Business Operations team to report on specific partner metrics and KPI’s, provide partner dashboards/reports, and analyze the impact of partner program models. Adjust and adapt programs based on performance.
- Collaborates with Partner Marketing to align into partner communications, the Splunk Partner Portal and other vehicles to disseminate to partners.
Partner Recruitment & Practice Development
- Drive and lead a comprehensive view of current partner ecosystem capacity, capability, coverage and contributions. Use this to deliver a plan to engage new and existing partners.
- Partner with leaders to define a partner engagement and recruitment strategy to fill coverage gaps and meet targets.
- Provide input and direction to inform partner type/role specific enablement curriculum and credentials (certifications, accreditations, badges) to the Technical Enablement & Field Enablement team. Provide feedback from Partner teams and Partners on Enablement curriculum needs.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Lead Initiatives responsible for the partner ecosystem, engagement, and economics.
- Be the source of expertise on partner ecosystems and go to market models.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer success, finance, education, field enablement, marketing, operations, product management, business/corporate development and sales to drive alignment on strategy and program definition/execution.
- Collaborate and execute leveraging a matrixed organization with internal and external stakeholders to get feedback, buy-in, and manage expectations.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, high-pressure, high-visibility role
- Superior analytical skills, technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Current experience in a high growth enterprise software company, with SaaS/Cloud business models
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to influence
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills to large groups of people and senior management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Global travel
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.