Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to bring data to every question, every decision and every action. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our mission, love our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is looking for a Director, Global Partner Programs & Practices to own the strategy, design, build and execution of the Splunk Partner+ Program and corresponding partner practice enablement support. In this key leadership role, you will be drive strategy through to the execution of partner programs and incentives. The role will span high-level strategy creation to aspects of everyday partner program development and execution. You will paertner with executives and senior leadership from the Partners, Operations, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales and Product teams to design programs and achieve agreed upon outcomes and metrics. You are a strategic thinker, analytical, self-motivated and flexible, plus possesses the skills required to execute successfully on multiple concurrent projects. You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment that relies on teamwork. The ideal candidate has deep experience in transforming partner ecosystems to Cloud & SaaS models, working with partners of all types, including Cloud Providers, Service Providers/MSPs, Systems Integrators, Reseller/VARs, Distributors, OEM/ISV and Technology Alliance partners.
If you are looking to make a huge impact every day, come and join the provider of the Data-to-Everything Platform. This position reports to the Area Vice President, Global Partner Programs, Marketing & Operations and is located in the San Jose, CA or San Francisco, CA office.
Strategy & Leadership
- Responsible and accountable for the strategy of Splunk’s Partner+ Program, which is the framework that supports all indirect routes to market, including partners that sell, service and build solutions on Splunk.
- Lead the Partner Programs & Practices team of senior professionals focused on creating partner programs and practices for all of Splunk partners globally.
Build & Deliver Partner Programs
- Define, build and execute Splunk Partner+ Program models and frameworks, including transforming partner ecosystems to Cloud & SaaS models. Partner Programs are inclusive of partners of all types, including Cloud Providers, Service Providers/MSPs, Systems Integrators, Reseller/VARs, Distributors, OEM/ISV and Technology Alliance partners.
- Use a data driven approach that also incorporates industry best practices, partner feedback and internal feedback to ensure our Partner Program is best in class.
- Educate and influence key internal stakeholders on the development and enhancements required to continue to be an award-winning program.
- Collaborate with Finance, Pricing and Business Operations to drive and deliver financial modeling to project impact and recommend program and incentive design.
- Own responsibility for driving program changes in alignment with corporate strategy and goals, along with execution and launch activities. These activities include creating internal and external communications, presentations, program guides, collaborating with Operations, Legal, Partner Marketing and other teams.
- Establish key success criteria and metrics for partner programs supporting all Splunk’s partners across sales, services and solutions/technology motions.
- Inform and guide our Partner Business Operations team to report on specific partner metrics and KPI’s, provide partner dashboards/reports, and analyze the impact of partner program models. Adjust and adapt programs based on performance.
Partner Recruitment & Practice Development
- Drive and lead a comprehensive view of current partner ecosystem capacity, capability, coverage and contributions. Use this to deliver a plan to engage new and existing partners.
- Work closely with Partner Leaders to define a partner engagement and recruitment strategy to fill coverage gaps and meet targets.
- Establish a Partner Practice, bringing on partner enablement talent to fill an all new function within the team.
- Provide strategy and direction to inform partner type/role specific enablement curriculum and credentials (certifications, accreditations, badges) to the Technical Enablement & Field Enablement team. Provide feedback from Partner teams and Partners on Enablement curriculum needs.
- Provide leadership for building partner professional services practices.
- Build and deliver a Partner Services Practice development kit to be leveraged at the Field level to drive partner practice growth.
- Aligns into partner communications, the Splunk Partner Portal and other vehicles to disseminate to partners (1-to-many).
- Work with appropriate Partner, Customer Success/PS and Field leaders to provide capacity and practice development targets for enablement and theater partner enablement leads.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Lead Global Partner Programs group responsible for the partner ecosystem, enablement, engagement, and economics.
- Evangelize Partners within the organization, across all departments, to highlight the value delivered to Splunk and its customers through partners.
- Be the source of expertise on partner ecosystems and go to market models.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer success, finance, education, field enablement, marketing, operations, product management, business/corporate development and sales to drive alignment on strategy and program definition/execution.
- Collaborate and execute leveraging a matrixed organization with various partners to get feedback, buy-in, and manage expectations.
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, high-pressure, high-visibility role
- Experience in transforming partner ecosystems to Cloud & SaaS models, working with partners of all types, including Cloud Providers, Service Providers/MSPs, Systems Integrators, Reseller/VARs, Distributors, OEM/ISV and Technology Alliance partners.
- Superior analytical skills, technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Current experience in a high growth enterprise software company, with SaaS/Cloud business models
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills to large groups of people and senior management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Global travel.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.