Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
You will be responsible for driving the global ISV strategy, planning and execution in collaboration with the Business Development and Partner Theater organizations. This leader will define and implement mutual goals and objectives and build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of our ISV partners. Evangelizes company products in conjunction with recruiting key partnerships. Provides for financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships. This role is tied to the results of
- Build and execute the global ISV partner strategy with the Sales theater leads
- Will be expected to Heat map and Assess current ISV partner coverage. Will use this to determine if we have the right ISVs; where we don’t identify gaps, build recruitment targets, conduct RFPs. Provide coverage mapping, identify gaps, establish recruitment targets
- Team with the Partner Programs org to provide strategic inputs on the partner program as it relates to driving the business with ISVs.
- Lead a team of Global Partner Development Managers that manage Splunk’s largest global ISV Partners
- Lead Splunk OEM sales strategy and execution
- Team with the Partner theatre leaders to understand local dynamics/include their inputs, plus execute the global ISV strategy with/through the theaters.
- Effectively use data to recognize trends and anticipate challenges in the ISV partner ecosystem.
- Represent the business to the senior leadership teams across channel, sales and offering management from the product segment perspective.
- Provide strategy, analysis, support, ideas and mentorship to regional geography channel leadership teams.
- Provide insight and requirements to business partner enablement team to coordinate on priorities, plans and execution.
- Identify key metrics and monitors ongoing program performance, making adjustments as necessary.
- Provides periodic updates on program performance to executive staff, including analysis of performance and recommendations of changes as necessary.
- Assesses partner sales, technical proficiency and readiness to execute against Splunk ISV strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with product marketing and regional stakeholders to design, develop and implement cloud go to market initiatives. Accurately sizes and requests budget as necessary to support such initiatives. Monitors progress and reports out quarterly in terms of execution status and ROI.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises (relevant software industry experience in the IT systems or enterprise)
- Experience building Global ISV strategy and execution.
- Experience crafting and building strategic ISV Partnerships that can generate sales revenue via the global partner ecosystem
- Experience building strategy + supporting organizations to sell enterprise software solutions to ISVs, Cloud Providers, and hardware manufacturers
- Minimum of 10 years running a Global ISV or similar team.
- Experience managing complex integration with ISV Partners
- Ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure ISV software licensing transactions
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.