Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about the channel ecosystem within a software organization? Do you love defining strategy and execution so that an organization can utilize the channel for optimal growth? If this sounds like you, then we have your dream job here at Splunk. In this role you will be responsible for driving the global strategy, planning, and execution within each segment in collaboration with the Partner Theater organizations. You will define mutual goals, objectives and build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the Channel org. You will evangelize Splunk’s products in conjunction with recruiting key partnerships and provide financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships. This role is tied to the results of the Global Channel Sales.
- Build meaningful relationships and execute our global strategy with the Sales theater leads
- Will be expected to heat map and assess current partner coverage for Distribution and Reseller.
- Will use this information to figure out if we have the right Distribution partners & resellers; where we don’t identify gaps, create recruitment targets, conduct RFPs. Provide coverage mapping, identify gaps, establish recruitment targets
- Team with our Partner Programs org to provide strategic inputs on the partner program as it relates to driving the business.
- Help provide a centralized view of Distribution dynamics to help provide input into how we are building the Distribution partner program globally; same for Reseller; provide a POV on what we are incentivizing
- Collaborate with our Partner theater leaders to understand local dynamics/include their inputs, plus execute the global channel strategy with/through the theaters.
- Lead initiatives within the global partner strategy that are executed via distribution/reseller. E.g.one example might be to Consolidate a view on New Logo and how a segment level plan is executed via all the theaters.
- Effectively use data to recognize trends and anticipate challenges in the partner ecosystem.
- Represent the business to the senior leadership teams across channel, sales and offering management from the product segment perspective.
- Provide strategy, analysis, support, ideas and guidance to regional geography channel leadership teams.
- Provide insight and requirements to the business partner enablement team to coordinate on priorities, plans and execution.
- Identify metrics and monitor ongoing program performance, making adjustments as necessary.
- Provides periodic updates on program performance to executive staff, including analysis of performance and recommendations of changes as necessary.
- Assesses partner sales, technical proficiency and readiness to execute against Splunk channel strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with product marketing and region partners to design, develop and implement cloud go to market initiatives. Accurately sizes and requests budget as necessary to support such initiatives. Monitors progress and reports out quarterly in terms of execution status and return on investment.
- Makes recommendations annually as to structure and value of partner proposition available to partners by working with Splunk
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of meaningful and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Global Channel management expertise within an enterprise software company
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises and track record of success
- Ability to grow and scale upward with the company (2 billion and beyond); second line management experience a plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite and success negotiating six and seven figure MSP software licensing transactions
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases and meaningful relationships with the right partners and internal customers
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to mentor and develop peers and superiors alike
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Bachelor's degree preferred; MBA a plus
- We are not able to offer sponsorship for this specific role
- Location: Preferred SF Bay Area but may consider other locations in the United States only.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.