Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director, Executive Event Programs is a new role within the Splunk Global Event Marketing (GEM) organization. This role will drive the creation and implementation of a diversified Executive Event calendar that focuses on the creation of a formalized, year-long Customer Advisory Board program as well as reimagines our Executive Summit event as well as sponsored thought leadership/speaking, executive level hospitality programs that incorporate both hospitality as well as content and relationship development.
The Director, Executive Event Programs will work directly with the Sr. Director, GEM as well as top executives including our CEO, President, CMO and Global Head of Sales. This role has a high amount of executive face-time and the ideal candidate possesses the confidence and maturing to interact regularly on their own.
- In partnership with Sr. Director, Global Event Marketing, this role will create and drive strategy for Splunk Executive Event Programs including Splunk’s Executive Summit, Customer Advisory Boards and Sponsored Thought Leadership.
- Develop CAB programming and develop a year-long engagement plan that offers participants and Splunk true value and benefit-Partner with Splunk Sr. executives, Sales and Field Marketing organization to continually ensure that all executive events align to company goals and needs.
- Must also understand the role of a CAB within larger organizations and have solid grasp on best practices.
- Own soup-to-nuts process for event audience acquisition: internal nominations, invitation and promotion, content development as well as program logistics and event wrap-up.
- Create approach and criteria for sponsored thought leadership programs including high profile executive speaking and sponsorship programs with partners with WEF, Milken Institute, Fortune Media and others.
- Work with Exec Comms, Customer Marketing/EBD and Splunk Sr. Leadership to coordinate efforts from within the GEM and beyond.
- Develop long-term strategic plan to grow CAB program as well as expand Exec Summit program beyond Q1 event to identify needs and areas for growth.
- Build relationships at the executive level throughout Splunk as well as those teams that support executives such as Exec Comms, EBC, Office of the CEO as well as relevant executive administrators.
- Also responsible for team that manages various hospitality programs.
- 10+ years progressive experience in program management with an emphasis on executive programs, CAB development and event management.
- Deep experience engaging directly with senior executives with ability to gather consensus as well as find balance between conflicting viewpoints.
- Ability to work on strategy and program development while also keeping engaged on tactical elements and execute both at the highest levels.
- 4-7 years direct people management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to create executive presentations.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally, up to 25%.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.