The Splunk Communications Team drives unique storytelling and creative communications that inspire, inform, align and create an emotional connection to Splunk and our impact. We are a team of approximately 30 communications professionals spanning public relations, social media and influencers, industry analyst relations, social impact and executive and employee communications.
Splunk is looking for a talented and seasoned communications professional who is passionate about data and storytelling, exudes grace under fire and is skilled at working collaboratively with our President and Chief Growth Officer (CGO) along with our top C-Suite leaders, their teams, senior executives and cross-functional teams. This person will be a trusted advisor to the CGO and oversee the development and execution of their internal and external communications strategy and plan. The successful candidate will have a proven record of creating high-impact content, messaging, and plans geared to global audiences internally and externally. They will have a strong understanding of employee communications and external communications including public relations, social media and executive speaking and comfortable driving narratives across internal and external media channels.
- In partnership with the President and Chief Growth Officer, Office of the CGO and Communications team, build and execute a communications strategy and plan, including messaging, keynotes, speaking engagements, PR/AR/Social Media, content development, employee engagement and partnerships with SMEs across the company.
- Develop storytelling and thought leadership content that align to Splunk’s vision and priorities and position the CGO as a credible industry spokesperson and business leader.
- Drive the daily communications agenda of the CGO, ensuring a complete understanding of current priorities and driving the quality and timeliness of deliverables and activities.
- Use data to evaluate communication activities, and develop best practices and strategies for improvement.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Outstanding navigator of dynamic business environments and collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and teams to drive desired outcomes
- Proven ability to think strategically and drive execution across multiple communication disciplines and channels
- Minimum of 15 years of communications experience and at least 10 years working with C-level executives, designing thought leadership and/or communications strategies within a global organization
- Experience in large scale, hyper-growth and SaaS companies preferred
- Flawless written, verbal and storytelling skills
- Expert team player and collaborator
- Works calmly with discretion and maintains good judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and program management skills; Acute attention to detail
- Background in media, social media and/or events a plus