As the Senior Director of Finance - Deal Desk, you will be an involved and important leader within the Splunk Finance team and will play a pivotal role in driving the Deal Desk function that will support Splunk’s Global Sales teams. This position will provide a mechanism to support non-standard deal requests and help sales navigate back office functions. Sales will focus on customer facing activities, while the Deal Desk helps coordinate interactions with internal teams as needed. This role will be responsible for establishing the ground rules, work with sales and other internal teams and help structure and support sales engagement. The role will require thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with the business and liaison between the Sales teams and external customer requirements. This is a highly visible role that will report into the Chief Accounting Officer and will work daily supporting global Splunk Sales teams, Sales leadership, Finance, Accounting, and Legal organizations.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing processes, influencing deal structuring, and pricing, contract management, work effectively with Sales and most importantly build a successful deal desk function. As a self-motivated problem solver, vast experience is required in building teams and implementing business processes.
• Build, grow, lead and develop highly skilled deal desk and quote support teams to enable our Sales teams success
• Develop lean deal desk processes to enable the efficiency of our Field Sales teams
• Lead daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements and deal review cycle
• Maintain an evolving subject matter expertise in pricing trends and competitive pressures to recommend competitive deal structures
• Sustain Field Sales accountability across deal requirements
• Display senior level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process and/or pricing changes
• Develop comprehensive KPIs to track the team’s success
• Ability to think critically in a structured fashion and translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework
.• Ability to hold peers accountable, employing quantitative and qualitative approaches to decision framework.
• Ability to build, grow and lead a streamlined and successful deal desk function
Support global organizations; operate a deal desk function at an enterprise software company and experience running contractual negotiations and/or a team responsible for contractual negotiation.
Work cross-functionally to improve business processes
Possess thorough understanding of all industry standard and non-standard software selling models, including subscription, SaaS, term, perpetual, consumption, etc.
Must have deep understanding of revenue recognition requirements
• Ability to motivate, train, and lead remote teams
• Always think creatively and seek solutions for our customers.
• 12+ years in Deal Desk management or similar Sales Operations function
• Outstanding contract negotiation skills and ability to develop such skills in others
• Flexible, dependable, self-starter, who is not afraid of uncertainty
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying
.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records