Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat Operations Specialist, with deep domain expertise in Customer Success Management, SaaS, Recurring Revenue and Retention Strategy? Are you adept at working cross-functionally at senior levels to develop data-driven processes and insights that measurably improve performance in a complex fast-growing environment? But also have the tools, knowledge and enthusiasm for rolling up your sleeves and getting down and dirty with the financial, operational and customer-health data of the business?
If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, results oriented candidate with outstanding skills, to positively impact performance and develop a high-performance Customer Success Management culture, working cross functionally with CSM & Renewals Leadership, Product Management, Sales and Operations Teams.
This role is accountable for the overall development and run-and-operate of a Customer Success Management Operations Practice, reporting to the Global Head of Customer Retention Strategy and Operations.
The successful candidate will lead and oversee day-to-day activities that blend the strategic with the practical and tactical, supporting a CSM organization that expanding, maturing and diversifying to support Splunk’s high-growth strategy.
- Consult, direct and assist on the design of the overall CSM Practice; including Service Design, Coverage Models, Process and Playbook Design, Data Management and Reporting.
- Drive priorities, strategy and direction for the systems, policies and data needed to support the CSM practice.
- Develop deep expertise and influence on the key Systems and data-flows that support the Success Management and Renewals functions, including the Gainsight CSM Platform and Salesforce.com CRM, as well as other corporate or specialist systems that need to be developed to support the practice.
- Lead all aspects of and assist in the development of Management and Executive performance reporting and insights
- Develop and support the communications strategy, content and cadence of engagement with aligned teams in the broader Customer Success Ecosystem, Including Sales, Sales Operations, Product Management and Executive Operations.
- Participate directly in the preparation and delivery of regular management and performance reporting to adjacent teams, up to the C-Level.
- Run and lead financial planning cycles for the CSM practice, including the development of coverage models, ratios and service levels.
- Align with organizational and corporate objectives; develop and execute on an action plans to ensure growth and profitability. Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development and implementation of long-range business goals and objectives
- Hire and develop top talent that supports key operational processes, and the expert liaison with adjacent teams in Product Management, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.
- Set strategy, priorities and run the CSM & Renewals Training and Enablement practice
- Provide consultation and guidance on the ongoing development of KPIs, Metrics, Measures and Compensation plans.
- You come from a background with strong CSM experience in the Technology Sector.
- You have deep domain expertise in CSM and are ready to apply that in your next challenge.
- You are already acting at a Director level, setting strategy and direction for a mission critical organization. Much or all of what is described under ‘Responsibilities’ above is already in your wheelhouse.
- You have solid Customer Success Systems chops, including ideally experience with Gainsight (or similar) Success Management Platforms and salesforce.com.
- You have worked successfully with key business partners in Finance, Sales Operations, IT and Product on joint strategy and execution in support of Customer Success and Value objectives.
- You handle continuous change, ambiguous situations and occasional fire drills with aplomb.
- Executive communications, thinking on your feat and proving points with data to very senior audiences holds no fear for you.
- You thrive in managed change, and seek to push beyond the status-quo, seeking ways and means to drive outcomes and insights
- Excellent organization, self-sufficient operational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong social skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Ability to develop a cooperative work environment, and represent the team’s contributions and value in the wider sales ecosystem: you bring and drive credibility
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Desire Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Consistent track record of Enterprise Software Sales Management, Renewals and Growth
- 10+ years’ experience in software industry
- Demonstrable history of personal development - growing responsibility and span of control
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.