Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Director of Corporate Infrastructure Engineering and Operations, you will lead highly technical teams responsible for providing enterprise grade IAAS (DC and Hybrid Cloud), SRE and Development capabilities to Splunk. You have successfully led teams through transformation at scale within a fast-paced business and IT environment. You are able to bring collaboration and creativity to solving infrastructure and security challenges with business needs and responsible TCO in mind.
This critical role demands proven expertise in managing “current state” to “future state” transformation with focus on agility and speed to value while maintaining high standards of technical hygiene, multi-functional partnership, and operational excellence.
You will be a technology leader who will be a player/coach and set a clear vision, strategy and execution plan for the evolution of Splunk’s foundational core infrastructure services. This leadership role will work closely across all facets of IT and with stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide leadership and set the mission and vision for the team in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the IT Infrastructure and Operations organization and business stakeholders alike
- Develop and implement infrastructure strategy that enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can accelerate business value with agility, reliability and performance
- Lead end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and system performance management, seeing opportunities for automation and orchestration at scale
- Lead infrastructure transformation with Cloud and/or on-prem transformation. Demonstrated ability to own, transform, mature and deliver enterprise technology services
- Implement enterprise grade infrastructure service offering with corresponding SLA, OLA and KPI
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what new technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within Infrastructure Services to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise business strategy
- Represent Infrastructure by becoming a member of Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Change Control review process
- Own and drive internal Splunk adoption, become customer #1 by showcasing industry recognized practices for Splunk enterprise adoption
- Hire, coach and mentor team members to develop a robust team that has a continuous learning mentality; cultivate a team culture that includes high ownership, customer-first focus that’s collaborative and adaptable to the ever changing needs of the business
- Manage the technology direction and tools of the team, ensuring that appropriate standards are set, maintained, and reported on regularly
- Actively participate, collaborate, and influence overall IT architecture, and provide direction on how to build highly scalable infrastructure solutions
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional leaders to help build and scale world class infrastructure service offering
Qualification: I've already done that or have that!
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years progressive experience in technology
- 7+ years of progressive management experience in leading infrastructure engineering and operations teams
- Demonstrated experience in improving and maintaining the reliability and performance of both internal and cloud based infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Network in a design/architectural context, including: LAN, sd-wan, bgp/ospf, tunneling (vpc, ipsec), layer 2/3 switching, cloud networking (public, private, hybrid), load balancing, firewall
- Consistent track record to build and lead through change with high degree of passion and a positive attitude
- Experience with CI/CD tools, pipeline development and operations.
- Expertise in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering practices, including service design and operations, incident management, and observability
- Extensive knowledge of running and maintaining cloud-based and hybrid services across various service delivery models, as well as compute, storage, and databases
- Have a consistent track record for building and developing global engineering and operations teams
- Experience with large scale transformation of on-prem data-center / single cloud to hybrid cloud model (AWS experience is a must, GCP a plus)
- Demonstrated progressive leadership responsibilities in a large-scale 24x7 global operation
- A solid grasp of networking, data center, and application fundamentals, preferably including previous hands-on experience
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to be successful in this capacity
- Strategic thinker with a high level of situational intelligence to be able to work with a diverse workforce with differing opinions
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.