Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking an experienced Corporate Communications Director to lead our APAC Digital, Marketing Campaigns and Public Relations/Social Media teams. Reporting to the Senior Director, APAC Marketing, you will oversee and be responsible for building and growing Splunk’s capabilities and efficient execution in digital, marketing campaigns and PR, while leading a high performance team. You are responsible for driving marketing pipeline, drive lead gen and persona acquisition, and amplify the Splunk brand.
In this role, you will be instrumental in leading, developing, managing, and accelerating in those core marketing disciplines with full responsibility for delivering marketing KPIs through your in-depth experience in marketing funnel management and demand generation. You will lead a team to deliver relevant, timely, and effective regional and in-country marketing programs with data-driven results.
- You will be instrumental in enhancing and growing our Digital Marketing capabilities to drive meaningful brand and business impact
- You are responsible for pipeline contribution and marketing metrics attainment
- You will lead the strategies, plans and execution tactics of digital marketing programs through brand and performance oriented digital channels with content syndication being one of them
- Drive coordinated and consistent execution of Digital Marketing programs across APAC and Japan and tracks performance consistently against KPIs with the ability to draw insights and learnings from performance data
- Collaborate closely with global digital marketing team on globally executed programs for APAC
- Lead integrated campaigns with multi marketing channels to deliver a customer-centric experience, consistent messaging and activation across the region
- Responsible for activation of global nurture campaigns to grow pipeline through close collaboration with global campaign and product marketing teams.
- Creative in developing and overseeing APAC nurture campaigns customized for the region
- Interlock with regional demand gen teams for consultative feedback and to grow a healthy pipeline
- Responsible for accelerating top of the funnel leads into next pipeline stage
Public Relations (PR)
- Oversee APAC Public Relations program and executive profiling in close partnership and alignment with global teams, regional spokespeople, and regional marketing and sales teams
- Instrumental in ensuring Splunk’s differentiators and propositions are effectively communicated and mentioned in the media with a focus on business media
- Responsible for press briefings at Splunk’s marquee events
- Work with and oversee APAC PR agencies
Social Media Marketing
- Oversee the development, planning and execution of APAC social media marketing strategy to increase Splunk’s share of voice and engagement on social media
- Launch influencer program to drive thought leadership, brand awareness and pipeline for APAC
- Develop and launch strategy to increase awareness and outreach of Splunk on local and international social media channels
- Oversee APAC customer marketing programs to achieve more customer stories and grow a pipeline of good stories
- Work closely with field teams in identifying and securing customer speakers for Splunk marquee events and press opportunities
- Develop channels to broaden regional outreach and awareness of Splunk’s customer stories
- Proven 15+ years experience as Marketeer with multi marketing channel experience in preferably B2B enterprise software companies and minimum 8 years of experience effectively leading and motivating experienced, geographically dispersed teams across APAC and Japan
- Demonstrated track record delivering successful marketing programs in hyper growth software/cloud companies
- Proven experience in all three key areas of Digital, Campaigns and PR management with strengths in at least two
- Highly experienced in leveraging multi marketing channels and in targeted persona campaign development and buyer cycle based campaign execution
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and shown success by delivering measurable marketing results.
- Experienced in effective budget management and ensuring budget is optimized with results to show
- Ability to roll up sleeves and do what it takes to deliver value and impact to the business
- Ability to derive insights from data
- Ability to manage time and priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Possess a strong growth mindset and always curious
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.