Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to join Splunk’s growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team which includes Compliance Advisory & Engagement, Litigation & Investigations, Employment, and support of Splunk’s PubSec compliance efforts. You will lead the Compliance Advisory & Engagement team working closely with the Litigation & Investigations and Employment teams. You will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, seizing the opportunity to help innovate, drive, and scale best-in-class compliance programs, build relationships and drive strategy across multiple functions, and anticipate evolving risk in an international market. This person will be flexible, creative, and self-motivated—showing initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, collaborative approach and sense of humor. This position will be based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA (SOMA) and will report to the Sr. Director, Compliance & Risk.
As Director, Compliance Advisory & Engagement, you will address a broad variety of issues as you continue to grow and scale Splunk’s world-class international compliance program. You will:
- Advise on ethical, legal and regulatory compliance matters across the Company, including in the areas of anti-corruption, insider trading, conflicts of interest, competition, trade/export controls and ethical business conduct.
- Assess business impact of new and emerging legal and regulatory requirements and developments to grow Splunk’s compliance and risk framework and strategy.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships in order to assess and anticipate emerging risk areas across the Company.
- Develop, implement, document and maintain compliance policies, guidelines and processes internationally and create and implement communication strategies and related compliance trainings for employees and business partners, collaborating with broader Compliance, Employment & Risk team colleagues.
- Strategize and develop automated and scalable compliance processes that allow for verification and auditing. Use Splunk technology to drive these efforts.
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams to implement and advance compliance initiatives including support of Splunk’s PubSec compliance program.
- Collaborate with geo compliance leads on policies, process and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Litigation & Investigations team on internal investigations in collaboration with other applicable corporate functions, such as Internal Audit, Finance, HR and Sales.
- Work with Litigation & Investigations and Employment team colleagues on appropriate remediation and corrective action as appropriate for violations of Splunk policies and procedures.
- Oversee Splunk’s trade/export compliance program including responding to changing export regulations and continued assessment of business and product evolution from an export perspective.
- Track and report on status and effectiveness of the compliance program to senior management.
- Engage with Internal Audit team on enterprise risk management program designed to identify significant risks and mitigating factors, inform corporate investments and decision-making process, and provide an overall view of the Company’s enterprise-level risk profile.
- Lead and manage various risk mitigation projects, working with other teams (e.g. Internal Audit, Finance) as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Legal Operations and other Company stakeholders to implement and maintain a comprehensive and international information governance program.
- Support the Litigation & Investigations team on process updates to the eDiscovery program as required.
- Create new and engaging methods and avenues of communicating compliance information and messages to a diverse, international audience.
- Partner with internal teams to develop and implement effective internal and partner training programs related to compliance, ethics, and employment law matters.
- Coordinate with legal colleagues on international Public Sector compliance.
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
The candidate must have:
- J. D. from a top-tier law school and good standing to practice law in the State of California.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in creating, implementing and managing compliance programs for multi-national companies.
- Significant experience managing growing teams.
- Experience conducting compliance-related investigations for a multi-national company.
- Criminal white-collar prosecution or regulatory enforcement experience a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced multinational b2b or enterprise software company with a channel sales model preferred.
- Combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience desired.
- Enjoys presenting to and engaging with senior leaders.
- Experience creating and conducting formal presentations and trainings internationally.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally).
- Sense of humor!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.