Title: Director, Cloud Sales
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help transform the way companies do business? Splunk’s Cloud business is continuing to grow rapidly and we are looking for a top Sales Director to help ensure its success. The Cloud Sales Director will be responsible for leading the Americas Cloud Sales and should have a successful track record leading sales and/or other teams. Candidates should have a measurable track record in selling Splunk’s solutions or SaaS solutions overall. As a player/coach you will also help the Splunk sales team to sell Splunk Cloud in a way that results in continued growth, and equally importantly, customer success and good business for Splunk overall.
- Directly lead the Americas Cloud sales team and work closely with Global Area Vice President of Cloud Sales as well as all sales segment and specialist leaders.
- Consistently deliver against Cloud business and sales plan goals.
- Identify obstacles to successful Cloud selling, develop and implement programs to remove them.
- Player/coach hands on with the cloud sales team, enabling them for success, and cloud selling resource for sales team members to help them build, mature and close Cloud business. Provide them with expert guidance to better qualify, understand customer pain points/use cases to best position Splunk Cloud to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Communicate to Splunk leadership observations from the Field that may help change or adjust overall strategy. Participate in business and strategy planning meetings with leadership.
- Help structure, guide and review sales proposals to ensure they are correct and aligned with Margin and overall Best Practices for selling Splunk Cloud.
- Participate in regular sales leadership forecast calls to support Cloud opportunities and explore how Cloud can be leveraged to gain competitive advantage and to win other opportunities as well.
- Deliver regular education sessions to the sales teams that will make it natural for them to sell Cloud in a way that accelerates sales cycles, deal sizes, customer success and ensures good business.
- Be an expert on our space and our competition. Be knowledgeable on our competition’s tactics and how we can best compete against them and communicate this throughout the sales organization.
- Understand and leverage the TCO and Interactive Value Assessment tools to help the sales team incorporate this into their sales opportunities on a regular basis.
- Be a liaison for sharing information between account teams, Cloud Product Management, Engineering and Operations.
- 5+ years of management experience, building and running successful teams including Sales, Sales Engineering and or Customer Success.
- Demonstrated experience of coaching/mentoring/best practice sharing and driving development.
- 10 + years software selling experience, ideally selling Splunk and/or Splunk Cloud solutions, ideally with IT. Operations and Security or as a minimum, alternative SaaS solutions in a similar space.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Currently and consistently over the years overachieved quota (top producer, made presidents club, etc)
- Strong executive presence and polish.
- Experience working for a legacy software that transitioned into a SaaS provider.
- Proven experience working with partners and GSIs.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.