Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Campaign Strategy Director, you will lead and drive our demand generation strategy collaborating with product management, product and corp. marketing functions. You will own crafting a coordinated strategy aligned to user and buyer journeys with a set of global demand gen campaigns including planning and global execution across all regions; messaging, creative and content strategy, campaign architecture, segmentation and reporting. This role is a critical partner to the field, and product organizations, driving execution and pipeline against sales segment-specific goals.
- Leading the overall campaign strategy efforts architecting demand generation campaigns for relevant personas and use cases across IT, Security, DevOps and building new revenue models for vertical markets.
- Execute and optimize global customer-focused thought leadership and demand generation programs that drive engagement, conversion and efficiencies across all stages of the funnel.
- Build and mentor a team of campaign managers on evaluation and conversion tactics necessary to drive opportunities to close.
- Develop coordinated programs via multiple promotional channels (online advertising, email, website, social media, PR, in-person events, webinars, etc.) that will drive MQLs and pipeline.
- Own the process and reporting of all campaigns including communication of results across digital and traditional marketing channels.
- Foster a data-driven culture in collaboration with Marketing Operations to enable analyzing and optimizations such as reach, engagement, conversion and velocity that create leads and close opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic part of the IT and Security Markets leadership team, helping define marketing efforts for building awareness, lead gen, and growing sales in the IT Operations, Security Ops, and DevOps space.
- Proven track record in leading campaign strategy for multiple users and buying centers driving pipeline from opportunity to evaluation to close.
- Proven experience working with and leading planning, design and execution of campaigns with global reach.
- Marketing of Enterprise software required, Cloud platforms a huge plus.
- Ability to understand a complex product portfolio and associated buyers and users in IT, Security, and DevOps. Highly relevant domain in these markets is required for success in this role.
- Working knowledge of Eloqua (or other marketing automation tools) to design, build and execute coordinated programs including landing pages, emails, forms and reporting.
- Data driven DNA with success in reporting on business initiatives and iterating quickly to accommodate changing market landscapes.
- Deep understanding of integrated, multi-channel marketing design based on a foundation of data and analysis.
- Bonus points for experience working with Salesforce.com and Eloqua (or other marketing automation tools) to execute coordinated demand generation programs and measure their efficiency.
- 12 years of direct management experience; B2B marketing in the technology industry is preferred. Strong ability to lead and motivate an organization, drive projects to completion and lead multiple initiatives.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.