Director - Business Transformation (CPQ + Q2C)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director - Business Transformation is a leadership role in the dynamic and entrepreneurial Business Transformation team at Splunk. This role is for strategic thinkers who are curious about problems and understanding how everything works, driven to design holistic transformation solutions, and passionate advocates for evolving capabilities at a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS company.
You will be responsible for driving large scale, global cross-functional programs tied to goals and initiatives, including but not limited to the following transformations -- CPQ (configure price quoting), SBE (subscription billing engine), and Q2C (quote to cash). To be successful in this role, you will have strong business acumen in one or more of the capabilities (CPQ, Q2C, etc), proven experience of leading large, complex programs such as a CPQ Transformation, and have shown they are able to collaborate effectively with a broad range of business partners and technical teams.
You will demonstrate your business and technical acumen in combination with a deep understanding of processes to guide decision-making, solve problems, and provide analytical insight and business judgment to support key initiatives across our business. You know how to translate strategy into execution by affecting change across people, process, technology, data, policy, etc. You have an appreciation for simplification and increasing the ease of doing business - and you are known for rolling up your sleeves to collaboratively co-create high-quality solutions with technical and business teams.
You are a guru and SME when it comes to analytics and you use these skills to measure performance and surface insights into future improvements. If this sounds like a position that excites you, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead business process transformation and adoption and provide transformational program management leadership and support for large-scale, cross-functional programs
- Establish capability transformation roadmaps, define transformation program goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement tied to measurable business value for the programs you own
- Guide a team of business process leads and product owners to ensure we are solving the right problem in the right order to ensure value driven solutions
- Drive the necessary cultural shifts and system adoption needed to ensure the transformation is successful
- Own end-to-end business architecture to help drive, design, and deliver holistic solutions across multiple dimensions, e..g, people, process, technology, data, policy, etc.
- Own success of the program end to end, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, resource plan definition, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results for all relevant workstreams
- Interface with executive leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the core spokesperson for the program
- Evaluate current processes, assess pain points and root causes, design and deliver future state solutions ensuring integrity of the business architecture
- Work with change management, learning and development, and communications teams to ensure business readiness for change and the adoption of new ways of working needed to realize the value of transformation programs and technology investments
- Create and maintain a formal network with cross-functional teams to define future state and orchestrate comprehensive plans to deliver improvements from start to finish
- Establish baseline metrics, business value drivers, monitor "key performance improvements" documentation, and reporting on improvement results ensuring adoption of the new processes across the business
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience
- Past experience in large scale CPQ, Q2C, SBE programs
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and analytical skills
- Business Transformation specialist, Change Management acumen, and cross functional project management experience
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level of an organization
- Experience running Kaizen or Lean events (desired)
- Six Sigma certification (Blackbelt) or Consulting experience
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, DMAIC (desired)
- Agile or Product Management experience (desired)
- MBA a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.