Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director Business Architecture - Business Transformation is a leadership role in the dynamic and entrepreneurial Business Transformation team at Splunk. This role is for strategic thinkers who are curious about problems and understanding how everything works, driven to design holistic transformation solutions, and passionate advocates for evolving capabilities at a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS company.
You will be responsible for designing the business architecture (business processes, policies, organizational structure, skill-set requirements) for one or more programs while driving alignment across transformation efforts under way. Ideally, you will have business acumen in multiple capability areas (e.g., GTM, Sales/Sales Ops, Finance, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Success, M&A, Analytics, Data Management), proven experience of leading large, complex system-enabled business transformations, and have shown they are able to collaborate effectively with a broad range of business partners and technical teams.
You will leverage your business and technical acumen in combination with a deep understanding of processes to guide decision-making, solve problems, and provide analytical insight and business judgment to support key initiatives across our business. You know how to translate strategy into execution by affecting change across people, process, technology, data, policy, etc. You have an appreciation for simplification and increasing the ease of doing business - and you are known for rolling up your sleeves to co-create high-quality solutions with business and technical teams.
You are a guru and SME when it comes to analytics and you use these skills to measure performance and surface insights into future improvements. If this sounds like an opportunity that you can't pass up, what are you waiting for? Change your life and help transform Splunk - apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own end-to-end business architecture to help drive, design, and deliver holistic solutions across multiple dimensions, e..g, people, process, technology, data, policy, etc.
- Drive business architecture alignment across programs
- Work with technical teams to define the solution for the defined business architecture
- Establish capability transformation roadmaps, define transformation program goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement tied to measurable business value for the programs you own
- Guide a team of business process leads and product owners to ensure we are solving the right problem in the right order to ensure value driven solutions
- Drive the necessary cultural shifts and system adoption needed to ensure the transformation is successful
- Interface with executive leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the core spokesperson for the program
- Evaluate current processes, assess pain points and root causes, design and deliver future state solutions ensuring integrity of the business architecture
- Work with change management, learning and development, and communications teams to ensure business readiness for change and the adoption of new ways of working needed to realize the value of transformation programs and technology investments
- Create and maintain a formal network with cross-functional teams to define future state and orchestrate comprehensive plans to deliver improvements from start to finish
- Establish baseline metrics, business value drivers, monitor "key performance improvements" documentation, and reporting on improvement results ensuring adoption of the new processes across the business
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience
- Past experience in leading large scale system-enabled transformation programs such as Lead-to-Cash, ERP, MDM, ecommerce
- Experience working with technical teams contributing to solution design against business architecture design
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and analytical skills
- Business Transformation specialist, Change Management acumen, and cross functional project management experience
- Consulting experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level of an organization
- Experience running large design workshops, Kaizen or Lean events (desired)
- Blackbelt Six Sigma certification (desired)
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, DMAIC (desired)
- Agile or Product Management experience (desired)
- MBA a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.