Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated college students to join our team. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with team members in various roles, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will be responsible for maintaining and improving a dynamic cloud infrastructure platform used to develop and showcase Splunk products. You will get to work with cutting edge technologies (front-end and back-end, DevOps, CI/CD, containerization, cloud) alongside experienced engineers. Throughout the internship, you will actively contribute to the team by participating in agile development of project timelines, implementing design specifications, testing, and producing documentation. Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
• Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, programming proficiency, test development, algorithms and data structures.
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts and large-scale software architecture
• You have knowledge of programming in one of the following programming languages including but not limited to Python, NodeJS, ReactJS
• Familiarity with REST API and microservices is a plus
• Familiarity with CI/CD concepts is a plus
• Familiarity UNIX/Linux environments is a plus
• Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
• You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
• You enjoy working within an agile environment
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You
• The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
• A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
• A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From great benefits to a diverse and inclusive workplace — that's the Splunk experience.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.