Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about cutting edge technology and are you a "Subject Matter Expert" when it comes to DevOps? Do you have experience with strategy and engagement around DevOps and want to help craft our GTM strategy and drive success? If you answered yes to these questions we want you at Splunk with us!
Play an active role within the DevOps GTM leadership team
- Attend management calls/meetings/QBRs - contribute as a senior voice AMER DevOps RSM teams.
- Contribute to the go forward DevOps RSM GTM and Engagement strategy.
- Work closely and align with the DevOps Theater leader to drive success in DevOps.
- Weekly forecasts as part of the Global Forecast process.
Act as “Exec” level air cover/support and a proxy in region for DevOps exec presence with our most strategic, sophisticated and impactful accounts.
- Support the DevOps regional EBC.
- Align with DevOps GTM partners in Product Management, PMM, SE, Evangelist/Advocacy to enable effective communication of the DevOps strategy and roadmap to both Internal and External partners/customers.
Work with the Theater DevOps RSM leader to help identify, define and promote DevOps sales standard methodologies.
- Source and define patterns and trends from the DevOps RSM field work. Theaters Leaders to feed these back into sales engagement process i.e. Big Bet reviews and Account Strategy & Planning process etc.
- Understand what’s working and where gaps exist and work with Theater DevOps RSM leader to package, reuse and scale.
Stay current and across key developments and emerging trends in the DevOps domain - the goal for this role is to be ahead of where the wider Sales Specialist team are.
- Proactive communication of changes and competitive landscape in the domain and share this back into the DevOps RSM team, Product and Competitive Intelligence team
- Act as go to authority and guide
Support Marketing and A&R teams for regional initiatives where required
- Support regional field marketing activities
- Support the A&R team for regional Analyst meetings
- Support global and regional Dev Ops PMM in developing sales and campaigns
- Support and lead theater based M&A & NPI activities.
- Evangelist Contribution of blogs, whitepapers, webinars, presence at Splunk events etc
- You will around 10 years of experience selling large enterprises (required), start-up experience encouraged! (Combined with DevOps sales experience.)
- Strong cloud knowledge with a solid technical understanding, and experiencing conducting demos to startup organizations
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar sophisticated solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence, target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Location: Ideally located in either Seattle, SF Bay Area, Atlanta, NYC, or Dallas (we are not able to offer relocation assistance and considering folks already in these areas or willing to relocate).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.