Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you will do directly impacts the adoption and optimisation of the Splunk platform for some of our most important customers. We bring strategic technical guidance to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. We also have the chance to see firsthand the phenomenal ways customers use Splunk and adapt our software to include the things that are most impactful.
As a "DevOps & Observability (APM) Assigned Expert - m/f/d" for our Professional Services team, you are passionate about customers and their journey to use Splunk to its fullest capabilities. You will help customers adopt and optimize their environment through consistent touch points and strategic guidance, ensuring our customers realize the quickest time to value, and maximum return on their investment. You will collaborate with the team and share your inputs as we build standard processes and procedures that enable us to deliver the highest level of service, drive scale and automate key functions. Additionally, you will tackle the resolution of our customer’s most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't even know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn exciting technologies and thrive in rapidly changing environments. As a successful Splunk DevOps & Observability (APM) Expert you will be adept at understanding, adapting and guiding our customers on how to best use our Platform. Are you up for the challenge?
- Strategic execution of adoption and optimization activities in long-term engagements, which includes regular meeting cadence, documentation, and representation of valuable outcomes from your work with customers.
- High-quality technical guidance on Enterprise level architecture, configuration, and optimization work in complex environments for areas of discipline including:
- Splunk Core/Cloud
- ITOps, DevOps, APM
- Create, drive, and report on customer success plans
- Customer advocacy for key initiatives and discreet needs across the internal Splunk ecosystem
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact for customer needs including adoption, optimization, customer success and technical escalations.
- Continual engagement and information sharing with CSM, RSM, SE, PS and other engaged parties
- Ability to act as the trusted advisor and product specialist for assigned customers
- Able to thoughtfully manage strategic accounts that demand a high level of partnership, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Willingness to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Listen objectively to others' opinions and ideas applying active listening skills
- Strong customer facing skills that instill confidence and provide guidance towards resolution with high customer satisfaction
- Highly developed, operational skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and resolution
- Ability to balance competing priorities with customer demands
- Highly effective at coordinating, planning and leading customers through complex change
- 5+ years of current experience in technical consulting or Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- 5+ years of development proficiency in at least 3 of the following programming languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Objective-C, Java-Dalvik
- 2+ years of current experience working with Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- 2+ years of current experience working with microservices in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with at least 2 of the following: Nagios, Monit, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Confluence, JIRA, io, Jenkins, Lambda
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Clear understanding of network and system management solutions
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet strict deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (focused in the areas of APM, and microservices)
- Not required, but a plus: knowledge of Splunk administration, or statistical and analytical modeling
- Splunk Platform experience
- Cloud Fundamentals Consultant Accreditation
Location and Travel:
- This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the UK
- Up to 20% travel may be required for customer facing activities
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.