Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Corporate Infrastructure Engineering and Operations team's exciting and meaningful mission: Build, scale and maintain Splunk’s Infrastructure for all Splunkers. While various Engineering groups focus on building our products, IT Ops serves as the backbone operational support for Splunker's across the globe.
We are actively seeking DevOps Engineers with a real passion for automation to help build scalable tools to run our distributed systems. You will be responsible for expanding and supporting the infrastructure platform services we provide to Splunk, as well as engaging with other teams to help improve efficiency and optimize our infrastructure. You're also an individual who’s motivated by technology and enjoys automation and problem-solving. We work hard, we like to challenge the status quo, and we enjoy having fun!
- Support and maintain IT Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure, including our virtualization and container platforms
- Be a part of the On-Call for production issues during shift or as required.
- Take on performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools, including Splunk
- Ensure that day-to-day operational requirements and SLAs are met
- Work with key business partners to understand their requirements and recommend potential solutions, and secure resources to deliver
- Maintain critical services and provide visibility to internal teams
- Seek opportunities to improve or optimize processes through automation
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer managing an AWS Public Cloud platform
- 3+ years of experience providing automation with a major scripting language such as shell or python.
- 3+ year of experience providing Linux systems administration/engineering
- 1+ year of experience with Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- CI/CD pipeline tool experience (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, etc)
- Experience with Hashicorp toolsets Terraform, Vault, and Packer.
- A deep understanding of networking concepts and internet protocols
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containers
- Ability to provide reliable technical support and mentorship on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to customers and upper management
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).