Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are Splunk, a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
Splunk's Corporate Cloud team's exciting and meaningful mission: Build, scale and maintain Splunk’s cloud infrastructure for all Splunkers. While various Engineering groups focus on building our products, Corporate Cloud Services acts as the backbone for operational support for Splunkers across the globe.
We are actively seeking a DevOps Engineer with a real passion for automation to help build scalable tools to run our distributed cloud based systems. You will be responsible for expanding and supporting the infrastructure platform services we provide to Splunk, as well as engaging with other teams to help improve efficiency and optimize our multi cloud offerings.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manage and maintain cloud infrastructure to ensure the environments meet the SLAs with application and service owners using IAC tooling such as AWS config, CloudFormation, Ansibles, or Terraform.
- Contribute to cloud account management systems and compliance monitoring & remediation systems.
- Monitor system health and application performance, identifying anomalies and potential issues leveraging Splunk products and integrations involving time series data (TSD) and log analysis (Splunk).
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and application issues to maintain optimal performance in our cloud based environments.
- Manage server configuration using configuration management (CM) tooling such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Join the on-call rotation to respond to high-priority incidents with the goal of minimal downtime (minimal MTTR).
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to automate routine tasks using languages such as python or Golang.
- Identify areas for improvement through automation and scripting to enhance system reliability.
- Document and maintain up-to-date system procedures, configurations, troubleshooting guides, and best practices as reference material for the team.
Requirements: I have already done that or have that!
- 3 or more years of experience in a DevOps / SRE focused environments.
- Experience managing AWS or other Public Cloud platforms.
- Experience working on a number of Operating Systems, including Linux (Ubuntu/RHEL) and Windows.
- Experience using Configuration Management tools like Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- CI/CD pipeline tool experience (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, etc).
- An understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols.
- Ability to provide reliable technical support and mentorship on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to customers and upper management.
- A strong desire to automate and solution issues with code.
These are a huge plus.
- Proficiency in a major scripting language (Golangl, python).
- Practical knowledge of Hashicorp toolsets like Vault,Terraform or Packer.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container management.
- Practice with Cloud account / organization management experience.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable, national, federal, state or local law.