Developer Platform - Devops Engineer
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud experience and drive the growth at Splunk.
- CI/CD and tooling expertise. Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, UCP, AWS/GCP, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure expertise to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field or 3+ years of progressive experience.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around scalability, reliability and resiliency.
- Demonstrate service ownership and provide support to internal customers and stakeholders
- Design and build advanced CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines; help teams debug and build projects and workflows
- Develop tools and services that enable developers to quickly build and test software rapidly in a secure fashion
- Mentor early career engineers provide technical and cultural guidance
- Build a great customer experience for engineers using our Infrastructure.
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access infrastructure.
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation in support of services owned by the team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.