Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Detection and Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Analyst reports to the Sr. Manager of Detection and Monitoring Operations. The role is based in San Jose or Tyson’s Corner, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for the 24x7 monitoring, operations and response to cyber security threats. You will have a fundamental understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with excellent communications skills and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- You will perform monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on all notable security events from a variety of technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cloud services, endpoint security and operating system events
- You will create and follow appropriate pre-defined procedures to further investigate security events and handle escalations to other required personnel as necessary
- You will work closely with the Product Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Cyber Threat Intelligence teams to implement custom detection of new and emerging threats
- You will participate in routine compliance and control monitoring and assist in creation of new monitoring capabilities as controls evolve
- You will handle daily tasks, ad-hoc assignments and leading small projects as needed
- You will maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and monthly metrics
- You will lead digitization efforts to automate routine playbooks and always be on the lookout for opportunities for automation
- You will participate as a member of the SplunkCIRT during major incidents and lend contributions to post-Incident review and continuous improvement
- Must be available to work 2nd & 3rd shifts
- You have 1-3 years of experience as a Security Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- You have knowledge of security related technologies including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and endpoint security tools
- You have knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network analysis, and the OSI framework
- You have understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of endpoint and server systems administration
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Willingness and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.