Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Detection and Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Shift Lead reports to the Sr. Manager of Detection and Monitoring Operations. The role is based in Tyson’s Corner, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to oversee the 24x7 monitoring, operations and response to cyber security threats. You will have a solid understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with excellent communications skills and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- You will supervise and manage a small team of Detection & Monitoring Analysts charged with defending Splunk against security threats
- Ensure shift continuity during call-outs, emergencies and holidays.
- Develop intimate familiarity with our incident response playbooks ensuring analysts deliver a high-quality work product
- Using this familiarity, you will uncover opportunities for process improvement, leading initiatives to completion
- Understand events happening on your shift, providing guidance and mentoring to the D&MO Analysts
- Conduct shift briefings to include active and ongoing investigations, closed items and identification of events that need additional technical expertise
- Coordinate collaborative training opportunities with other shift-leaders
- Gauge priority and turn challenges into opportunities for your analysts
- Ensure all events are worked completely and in a timely manner
- Capture cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Ensure that all documents, workflows and processes remain accurate and up-to-date
- Evaluate and provide feedback on team performance
- Be the embodiment of partnership to help build bridges and develop relationships between Information Security, IT and the rest of the Splunk business
- 1st Shift
- You have 4 years of experience as a SOC Analyst or equivalent knowledge
- Know how to create Splunk Dashboards to deliver insights and are familiar with the concept of "letting the data tell the story"
- You can lead people to think critically by guiding them without doing the work for them
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to enable the growth of other
- You possess a demonstrated ability to speak with people with varying knowledge in IT Security concepts and have the tailor your message to the audience
- You have understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Willingness and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Solid attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.