Design Program Managers at Splunk are creative problem solvers and great communicators who understand the needs of a fast- paced creative organization and product company. As a DPM, your primary objective is to make the creative organization as effective as possible. You’ll be responsible for developing and applying just the right amount of process for your teams. With a strong affinity for the practice and process of product design, ux research and engineering, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful user experience, and product.
You bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and take care of solving the “how,” freeing up your design partners to focus on the “why” and crafting the “what.” You will define how design interacts with cross-functional teams and be an advocate at all times.
- Partner with the Director of UX and serve as a source of organized information
- Provide strategic input on the scope, resourcing, and sequencing of small and large bodies of work, across creative and product disciplines
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
- Ensure pertinent information is communicated and understood by partners and leadership
- Own the creation and management of high-level design timelines
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and UX health across your teams
- Drive integration of the various disciplines within the Design Org (UX research, UI/UX design, design technology and motion graphics design)
- Continuously evolve our design process and tools to adapt to changing needs, including communication structures, project templates, and meeting cadences
- Define and run how the design team works with other functions such as product marketing, product management, engineering and customer experience.
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensuring the design process and tools are applied
- Establish team member onboarding and education programs
- Cultivate, negotiate, and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies, including managing contract execution and financial reporting
- Develop, implement, and manage project plans for select high priority projects; create detailed work breakdowns, establish deadlines, and communicate key milestones
- Facilitate strategic stakeholder meetings, including preparing agendas, keeping conversations on-track, and establishing action items and owners
- 4+ years Design Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience in a cross-functional (marketing, design, and engineer) product-driven organization or digital agency
- Track record of managing and shipping impactful design initiatives in a large digital product org
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the design process
- Background establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for excellence and attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- A desire to seek out opportunities for self-development and continuing education
- Drive to go above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
- Recognition that work can be enjoyable, and sometimes silliness is appropriate, too (we're a pretty rad team, and we want folks to add to this dynamic culture)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.