Design Program Managers at Splunk are creative problem solvers and great communicators who understand the needs of a fast- paced creative organization and product company. As a DPM for Security, your primary objective is to make the Security UX Team as effective as possible. You’ll be responsible for developing and applying just the right amount of process for your teams. With a strong affinity for the practice and process of product design, ux research and engineering, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful user experience, and product.
You bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and take care of solving the “how,” freeing up your design partners to focus on the “why” and crafting the “what.” You will help define how design interacts with cross-functional teams and be an advocate at all times.
- Partner with the Director of UX and serve as a source of organized information for Security
- Provide strategic input on the scope, resourcing, and sequencing for Security related projects
- Define and manage processes and initiatives that improve team efficiency and impact. Continuously evaluate and iterate on those processes as team needs evolve.
- Facilitate strategic stakeholder meetings, including preparing agendas, keeping conversations on-track, and establishing action items and owners
- Identify and proactively assess risk and seek solutions. Raise flags as needed
- Ensure pertinent information is communicated and understood by partners and leadership
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and UX health across your teams
- Develop, implement, and manage project plans for select high priority projects; create detailed work breakdowns, establish deadlines, and communicate key milestones
- Drive integration of the various disciplines within the Design Org (UX research, UI/UX design, design technology and motion graphics design)
- 6+ years Design Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience in a cross-functional (marketing, design, and engineer) product-driven organization or digital agency
- Track record of managing and shipping impactful design initiatives in a large digital product org
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the design process
- The ability to operate proactively and independently
- Background establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- High familiarity with design & project management tools including but not limited to Figma, Trello, Asana, GSuite and JIRA
- Passion and enthusiasm for excellence and attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Recognition that work can be enjoyable, and sometimes silliness is appropriate, too (we're a pretty rad team, and we want folks to add to this dynamic culture)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.