Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team to help us lead, motivate and establish a team of Demand Generation in Australia/New Zealand (ANZ). This is an amazing opportunity for you to lead our Demand Generation Hub in Melbourne & Sydney and scale the team as the business continues to grow. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you have a measurable track record in building and leading high performing sales teams. You will play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk and help carve the path for this complementary team. Does it sound like you?
What will I be doing?
- You will be directly leading a Demand Generation team within ANZ and work closely with Field Marketing, Field Sales & Sales Operations
- Consistently generate ambitious pipeline and contribute the busines to Field Sales team – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, opportunity management, Process management and strategy creation as innovating thinking by understanding the company direction and identifying current process/operation issue
- Support AVP/Regional Sales Director in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with Marketing team for maximum effectiveness to gain great top funnel leads
- Hire, train, retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen – a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly marketing and Field Sales
That sounds great - what experience do I need?
- You will have previous experience of hiring, building and developing front line sales teams within a fast growing technology/ digital company as management position more than 5years
- Experience growing and scaling a team; second line management experience a plus
- Experience developing and implementing career development plans for your team and provide structured and unstructured learning for team
- Experience selling and consulting with fortune 1000, small and medium-sized companies and selling a complex technology solution
- Direct and channel selling experience to enterprise and major accounts
- Experience Demand Generation Representative and have knowledge of Process (Top of Funnel – Nurture – Gain Appoint – Pass to Sales with right criteria)
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Process driven and adhere to rules of engagement
- Analytical – You have an eye for return on investment and execution as well as review on key lead generation campaigns and right feedback to related department(Marketing/Sales) with analytic data
- Strategy Creation Experience, at least own 1 or 2 strategy creation in current or past career
- Extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) and other lead generation/ reporting tools extensively