Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team to help us lead, motivate and establish a team of Demand Generation and Inside Sales Representatives in Australia/New Zealand (ANZ). This is an amazing opportunity for you to lead our D&G/Inside Sales Hub in Melbourne and scale the team as the business continues to grow. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you have a measurable track record in building and leading high performing sales teams. You will play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk and help carve the path for this complementary team. Does it sound like you?
What will I be doing?
- You will be directly leading a Demand Generation and Inside Sales team within ANZ and work closely with Field Marketing, Field Sales & Sales Operations
- Consistently deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, opportunity management, and strategy
- Work with the Inside Sales team around accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Support AVP in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Hire, train, retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen – a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly marketing
That sounds great - what experience do I need?
- You will have previous experience of hiring, building and developing front line sales teams within a fast growing technology/ digital company
- Experience growing and scaling a team; second line management experience a plus
- Experience developing and implementing career development plans for your team and provide structured and unstructured learning for team
- Experience selling and consulting with fortune 1000, small and medium-sized companies and selling a complex technology solution
- Direct and channel selling experience to enterprise and major accounts
- Very comfortable talking to technical partners, the lines of business and the “C” Suite
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Process driven and adhere to rules of engagement
- Analytical – You have an eye for return on investment and execution as well as review on key lead generation campaigns
- Extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) and other lead generation/ reporting tools extensively
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!