The Deal Manager sets the overall direction for his/her assigned managed deal(s) and is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Splunk strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Splunk policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate is a well-versed business partner who thrives in a fast-paced and distributed environment. Working directly with Sales, Legal, Operations, and Finance teams in developing strategies for complex deals, you'll be focusing on financial and revenue compliance while establishing, managing, and maintaining our business across the Americas theater
- Provide sales training and enablement of quoting, pricing, and process requirements.
- Balance efficiency, process, and internal revenue requirements to help create advantageous outcomes for sales
- The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a deal governance discussion performing financial analysis of costs and prices, excellent modeling skills using Excel, and an understanding of negotiation strategy.
- Act as a trusted advisor on deal review calls with go-to-market teams, deal structuring and support other internal stakeholders throughout the sales cycle to expedite deal execution.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and FP&A team to improve the pricing governance, deal structure, and deal operation process
- Conduct process analysis to help improve deal operations and management
- Deep understanding of the company's operations and cost drivers, and incorporate this knowledge into pricing practices to improve profitability.
- Provide guidance on complex deal structures in a way that maximizes KPIs and customer satisfaction, while mitigating risk.
- Collaborate with senior business stakeholders including Splunk sales teams and Splunk partners to track deal status and arrival patterns.
- Build and scale processes and capabilities to enable future growth of strategic partnerships and new business models.
- Understand and apply financial and regulatory controls that drive compliance and provide direction to enable stakeholders to design compliant deals.
- Ensure policies and processes are enforced and communicated. Accountable for tracking, resolving, and determining root cause of escalations.
- Leverage reporting and analytics to manage end-to-end contracts to cash functions.
- Communicate across all levels, including senior management.
- High-energy, team-first attitude: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related competency, MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience in a Finance, Sales Ops, or Deal Desk role within a SaaS-based, high-tech environment
- Proven track record of success in Deal Desk, Sales Finance, and/or Sales Operations
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- Strong presence and communication with Sales and Finance leadership in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.