The Deal Desk Analyst that will support the Public Sector is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Splunk strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Splunk policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate is a high-energy, team-first, value-add business partner who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Working collaboratively with Sales, Legal, Operations, and Finance teams, you’ll be supporting the Americas Sales organization in ensuring proper deal/quote/order structure and providing guidance on transactions always with a focus on financial and revenue compliance
- Understand standard corporate, transaction, and sales policies to enable stakeholders to design compliant deals
- Be the trusted advisor to Sales in a manner that maximizes KPIs while mitigating risk
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Improve Customer Experience
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Splunk partners to track deal status and help move orders to closure
- Ensure deal structure, contract lineage, discount/margin levels and terms are compliant and in-line with company policies
- Perform first-line evaluation of contract/agreement and non-standard term requests
- Serve as an escalation point, when needed, to move deals forward while identifying root cause to abate risk
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to the business to increase deal velocity and efficiency
- Leverage reporting and analytics to reduce time spent by Sales on quote/contract to order and to further standardize the deal formation process
- Partner with the Deal Managers and Deal Management Desk Leadership to drive best practices and ensure alignment to the company’s strategy
- Identify and recommend process and systems’ improvements to improve deal operations and management
- User acceptance testing when new processes, system functionality, or policies are implemented by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect compliance and profitability
- Provide sales training and enablement of quoting, pricing, and process requirements Improve our Customers’ experience
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales/transaction process
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Legal, Operations, and Finance throughout sales process. Experience working with the Public Sector experience is needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field, MBA a plus
- 3+ years experience in a Deal Desk/Support, Sales Operations, or Order Administration
- 5+ years of High-Tech/Software/SaaS industry experience
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, dependable with deliverables and deadlines, and ability to multi-task
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient with Salesforce.com, Quote and Agreement tools (preferable CPQ and Apptus), MS Office, and G-suite
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.