Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our
work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about data governance? Do you have a proven track record in data life cycle management and detailed knowledge of information technology systems and tools? If so, Splunk is searching for an experienced, results-driven candidate with extraordinary skills in system,
process, and data stewardship to support our fast-moving and fast-growing team of Customer Success and Customer Retention experts.
Reporting into Global Renewal Operations, the Data Steward will lead the implementation, operationalization, and execution of our Retention and Renewals Data Strategy. This role requires intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a detailed understanding of how a robust data strategy supports the Organization’s commercial objectives.
Responsibilities: I want to, and can do that...
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing landscape of policies, processes, systems, and data used to support the Retention and Renewals Business
- Become the subject matter expert of the business processes and the data generated and used by the processes
- Map the end-end data flow of the business, tying business needs to appropriate data/information assets needed to support current and future business needs
- Define the procedures, policies, data meanings, data definitions, and requirements of the Retention and Renewals Organization
- Ensure that the data asset management policies, standards, and best practices are shared across the business unit and embedded in new development projects
- Accountable for driving consistency, reliability and building trust in data sets across the Customer Success and Retention Organization
- Responsible for reporting on the quality, accuracy, and completeness of enterprise data
- Assist in identifying and resolving gaps in data quality and governance with an emphasis on root-cause analysis across people, process, and systems.
- Work cross functionally with business, operations, finance, and technical teams to create data standards and data controls in business processes
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience in a data stewardship, data quality analyst, or similar role
- A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and requirements gathering
- Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data policies, processes, and systems
- Strategic thinking, with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the tactics when needed
- Practical, current, hands-on knowledge of data management and analytics solutions, such as Tableau (or similar), BI tools, scripting, SQL, and an absolute Excel Legend!
- Familiarity with Enterprise Sales Infrastructure, such as Salesforce.com and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue Management software (i.e. Gainsight)
- Solid understanding of SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales business model with understanding of customer lifecycle measures and financials associated with a technology/software-driven business
- Strong leadership, project management and organizational skills to ensure the data policies and governance frameworks are successfully executed
- Relationship-building and the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders with competing priorities
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Ability to navigate at all levels in the organization and interact effectively and confidently with audiences of varying skill sets and authority
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other
applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records