Are you looking to join a new and exciting team? Do you love figuring out how to get customers and organizations to adopt more cloud? If you answered yes to these questions we have a great new opportunity for you! Our Platform Strategist team is a newly created global group at Splunk, and we focus on platform innovation and field/ecosystem strategy. We provide expert assistance to our field teams in solving sophisticated data challenges and crafting new solutions on top of the Splunk data platform. We operate daily in five areas related to Splunk’s overall platform capabilities: setting the field strategy and priorities related to Platform focus and enablement, evangelizing Splunk’s data and platform vision and mission to the world, direct customer interaction, supporting our partner ecosystem, and constant improvement of our data centric capabilities. We also work on prototypes and early examples for Splunk Cloud and Splunk Enterprise that may eventually become part of our official product offerings.
- Build workshops, examples, and whitepapers that maximize adoption of Splunk third party data providers and data lake technologies.
- Work cross functionally to define sales plays for Splunk as a data lake and/or data integration and management provider.
- Define novel new use cases enabled by schematized search as they become available in coordination with Security, IT/DevOps and Advisory teams.
- Assist in building and maintaining common artifacts such as SQL and no-SQL queries for common use cases, query performance tuning guidance, and security and connectivity architectures for support data sources.
- Provide third-line support for connectivity, performance, and tuning for Splunk as a third party data source / provider.
- Evangelize Splunk as a bi-directional data hub that integrates into a large organization’s comprehensive data strategy.
- Be the field voice on Splunk’s evolving third party data source strategy, especially for Cloud and hybrid deployment models
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the cloud/data strategist type role, preferably as a practitioner, but a track record of success with Splunk products or Data Integration/Data Lake focused vendors is acceptable.
- Hands on experience working with IaaS/PaaS SQL and no-SQL data stores, ideally in both a management and query optimization perspective.
- Functional experience working with common legacy BI and relational databases.
- Prior experience building or architecting production data lakes is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Splunk’s SPL query language
- Practitioner experience in data management, IT operations, and/or security operations desirable.
- Ability to articulate the pros and cons of various data stores and provide expert advisory to internal and external stakeholders on ideal approaches to given data challenges
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.