Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is growing its Enterprise Data Management team to focus on the delivery of high-quality data to support good finance processes and decision-making.
You will act as the EDM data stewardship analyst for Splunk’s finance function during and post ERP migration program. By working with the various finance teams to understand existing business processes and the underlying metadata and lineage model, you will help Finance deliver a seamless transition to SAP for T&E, PTP, OTC, and RTR operations. You’ll use data governance experience & technology to develop platform dictionaries and lineage maps, profile data content, make recommendations on data process simplification and drive adoption of SAP financial processes. You’ll partner with Data Quality and IT to root cause data issues and deploy then monitor improved controls needed to support high quality business operations in production. You will ensure good change control is established and used throughout the program to rationalize, change, or add new data fields required to support migrated and new finance business processes.
You will implement Splunk financial data governance through the following:
- Discover & document current state business process data model.
- Support migration to and adoption of SAP business processes by mapping current data model to SAP data model.
- Deliver change management services to enable adoption of SAP data processes, ensuring continuity of finance operations.
- Partner with data quality team to profile current data and find opportunities for data rationalization & quality improvement.
- Use data quality analysis to recommend then drive transformation, simplification, and improved control of financial data model in SAP.
- Drive definition, adoption, and implementation of enterprise metadata & lineage standards for new SAP data model.
- Use enterprise metadata & lineage standards to define, deploy, and monitor content controls required to maintain quality of finance operations in SAP.
- Provide quality assurance on data governance & management services delivered by external consulting services.
- Develop and maintain high quality data artifacts throughout the duration of the program (e.g. Data Dictionaries, Data Controls Master Rule Book, Data Lineage Model).
- Establish yourself as the data stewardship partner to Finance post-SAP deployment, supporting ongoing management and enhancement of data model required to deliver and improve finance operations.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years of business experience with financial operations and reporting processes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data governance, data quality, or data management related practices.
- Ability to engage and communicate at manager level and above to provide clear, concise explanations of data governance concepts, programs and initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in executing data mapping discovery exercises within complex, federated data and system architecture
- Experience translating business data needs into technical language and partnering with IT teams to ensure effective QA / UAT of solution delivery.
- Prior exposure to SOX and similar finance regulations
- Excellent project management skills; Able to state and execute against priorities. Work effectively within an agile environment, using tools like JIRA to prioritize and deliver data related services.
- Familiarity with NetSuite and /or SAP Order to Cash, Record to Report, Purchase to Pay and Concur T&E modules.
- Experience using data management tools such as Talend to deliver data catalogs, lineage models, profiles, & data enrichment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.