Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is growing its Enterprise Data Management team to focus on the delivery of high-quality data to support good business processes and decision-making.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced data governance practitioner with experience working in both larger and smaller companies with fast paced, highly dynamic environments. You are a data governance evangelist who has practical experience turning complex governance concepts into practical and applicable solutions that help our business partners understand the value of good data governance practice. You will own data governance for various business domains, including Sales Operations, Finance, Customer Success and Marketing. You’ll establish routine engagement cadence with your business stakeholders and IT partners to drive adoption of governance practices in the form of metadata management, data lineage, transformation and migration, data ownership, working councils, that make you a trusted partner in stewardship of critical data for the organization. You will use business glossary, modeling, migration, and classification platforms combined with structured change management practices to establish comprehensive data governance in your domain area.
You will implement Splunk data governance through the following:
- Establish yourself as the data governance partner to the business post-program, supporting ongoing management and enhancement of data model that protects & sustains business operational effectiveness.
- Work with business owners on complex data migration and governance challenges, providing analysis and expertise in business data to recommend strategically thought out solutions that reinforce your authority and knowledge value with your stakeholders
- Act as a team lead on data projects within your domain, working with the Data Programs Manager to employ enterprise data practices such as data scoping, meta data standardization, lineage, data deduplication, mapping & transformation, business validation.
- Deliver change management services to enable adoption of business & platform data processes, ensuring continuity of intra-business operations.
- Own development and management of platform / process business glossaries and data owner matrices to establish enterprise data standards for content, distribution, and use of critical data
- Build & manage data lineage models for business processes and platform architecture to ensure correct sourcing, use, and access to critical data.
- Partner with Security and Data Protection to identify, tag, and develop data management strategies for masking and protecting sensitive data within architecture, including driving the introduction of tools and processes to simplify identification and management (E.g. BigID, SFDC Data Mask, etc.)
- Educate & drive adoption of data governance practices by showing its impact on business decision-making.
- Generate and use partnerships with Data Quality & Business Owners to drive business process improvement through governance practices and impact analytics
- Partner with IT Architects to identify efficiencies and redundancies in the data creation and distribution model based on meta data and lineage governance.
- 8+ years of operational or consultant experience in a data management, data operations, or data governance role within software, consumer goods, or financial services
- 8+ years of experience working with order management, revenue, accounting, planning, &/or procurement teams in technology, consumer goods, or financial services companies
- Ability to self-manage, scope, prioritize & communicate operational work deliverables linked to EDM team strategic plan, and those of others when playing team lead roles within projects.
- Clear, succinct, “value add” driven communication style that helps partners quickly understand your goals and the benefits of governance practices by linking them to business improvement
- Working knowledge of data governance best practices (DMBOK) and demonstrated experience applying them within fast paced, complex, and dynamic program and operations environments
- Experience working with IT project managers, architects, developers, and engineers, translating business data needs into technical language and ensuring effective QA / UAT of data solution delivery.
- Prior exposure to SAP S/4, Ariba, Concur, SFDC, Snowflake, Tableau
- Prior experience using data governance tools such as SAP Information Steward, Informatica, Collibra, Talend, to scale governance solutions and automate governance services
- Prior exposure to finance regulations such as SOX, and data regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI.
- Good project management skills; Able to state and execute against priorities. Work effectively within an agile environment, using tools like JIRA & confluence to prioritize, document and deliver data related services.
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations, Statistics, Computer Sciences, or Information Systems
Nice to Have
- Experience with SAP Information Steward, BODS, S/4 Hana, Syniti, BigID, SalesForce, Snowflake, Tableau
- Experience using agile practices to manage work execution
- Experience managing on and offshore contract resources to execute project deliverables
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.