Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is growing its Enterprise Data Management team to focus on the delivery of high-quality data to support business processes and decision-making. We are looking for a smart, passionate data governance practitioner with experience turning complex governance concepts into practical and applicable solutions to help our business partners understand the value of strong data governance practices. This role will own data governance for various business teams, including Sales Operations, Finance, Customer Success and Marketing and will drive adoption of governance in the form of metadata management, data lineage, transformation and migration, data ownership, and working councils.
- Serve as data governance partner to the business post-program, supporting ongoing management and improvement of the data model that protects & sustains business operational efficiency.
- Work with business owners on complex data migration and governance challenges, providing analysis and expertise in business data to recommend strategic solutions that reinforce your authority and knowledge value with your partners.
- Serve as a team lead on data projects, working with the Data Programs Manager to employ enterprise data practices such as data scoping, metadata standardization, lineage, data deduplication, mapping & business validation.
- Deliver change management services to enable adoption of business & platform data processes, ensuring continuity of intra-business operations.
- Own development and management of platform / process business glossaries and data owner matrices to establish enterprise data standards for content, distribution, and use of critical data
- Build & manage data lineage models for business processes and platform architecture to ensure correct sourcing, use, and access to critical data.
- Partner with Security and Data Protection to identify, tag, and develop data management strategies for masking and protecting sensitive data within architecture, including driving the introduction of tools and processes to simplify identification and management (E.g. BigID, SFDC Data Mask, etc.)
- Educate & drive adoption of data governance practices by showing its impact on business decision-making.
- Generate and use partnerships with Data Quality & Business Owners to drive business process improvement through governance practices and impact analytics
- Partner with IT Architects to identify efficiencies and redundancies in the data creation and distribution model based on metadata and lineage governance.
- 8+ years of operational or consultant experience in a data governance, data management or data operations role within software, consumer goods, or financial services
- Experience working with revenue, accounting, planning, &/or procurement teams in technology, consumer goods, or financial services companies
- Ability to self-manage, scope, prioritize & communicate operational work deliverables linked to EDM team strategic plan, and those of others when playing team lead roles within projects.
- Clear, succinct, “value add” communication style that helps partners quickly understand your goals and the benefits of governance practices by linking them to business improvement.
- Solid understanding of data governance methodologies (DMBOK / Data Management Book of Knowledge) and demonstrated experience applying them within fast paced, complex, and dynamic program and operations environments
- Experience working with IT project managers, architects, developers, and engineers, translating business data needs into technical language and ensuring effective QA / UAT of data solution delivery.
- Experience or knowledge of SAP S/4, SAP BODS, SAP O2C, SAP P2P, Ariba and Concur
- Experience with SFDC / Salesforce.com
- Experience using data governance tools such as SAP Information Steward, Informatica, Collibra, Talend, to scale governance solutions and automate governance services
- Prior exposure to finance regulations such as SOX, and data regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI.
- Able to execute against priorities. Work effectively within an agile environment, using tools like JIRA & confluence to prioritize, document and deliver data related services.
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations, Statistics, Computer Sciences, or Information Systems
- Experience with Syniti, BigID, Snowflake, Tableau, a plus
- Experience using agile practices to manage work execution, a plus
- Experience managing on and offshore contract resources to execute, a plus project deliverables
- Project management skills or certification, a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.