As the Data Engineering Program Manager for the engineering team within Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Organization at Splunk, you are charged with delivery of managing the data engineering and BI project work portfolio for that team. Reporting to the India based EDM Data Management Operations Manager, You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of EDM data engineering projects & commitments assigned to the India based team from start to finish. You will partner with the US based EDM Data Engineering Program Manager to establish a common intake, prioritization and tracking process for all EDM owned data engineering project work to drive effective resource allocation, work delivery, clearing of delivery blockers, and routine status updates and metrics on the progress of engineering and BI deliverables. You will effectively use verbal and written communication to ensure both US and India based management are aware of the EDM data engineering project portfolio, using tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Smartsheets to create a structured, reusable model of program management that drives both transparency and execution efficiency. You will also partner closely with the India team Data Governance Program Manager to ensure close collaboration on data engineering projects use to support data governance deliverables and on business driven programs where the data governance team is also engaged.
- Utilizing available tools, deploy & manage an intake & tracking process for project work to enable centralized planning, tracking and monitoring of project deliverables
- Manage schedules, and plans of engineer and data analyst resources to ensure successful delivery of data engineering projects
- Schedule & lead sprint planning/reviews, organize & manage daily / weekly stand-ups and various other meetings with data governance stewards, offshore developer team, and EDM leadership to ensure prioritization and execution of data governance work
- Provide routine updates on data engineering deliverables across multiple projects to EDM leadership & onshore
- Track and report KPIs on progress of projects, identify project risks, track and drive resolution of project issues by owner teams.
- Maintain strong communication with business partners
- Maintain strong industry knowledge of project management tools & processes
- Troubleshoot issues and challenges
- Prepare detailed project plans, and identification of resources required
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Support development of roadmaps with business Partners
- Provide routine project status updates to EDM leadership, highlighting progress, blockers
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering related project management with experience managing multiple projects supporting multiple business functions
- Experience with the following tools - Smartsheets, Google Sheets Jira, Google Slides, MS PowerPoint, Confluence, ServiceNow
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and driving project work, and providing effective status and progress metrics to enable senior management awareness
- Expertise using multiple project management methodologies, including agile, waterfall, and hybrid project delivery lifecycle models
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Flexibility to work a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills