Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its Global Business Operations (GBO) team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. The GBO team ensures data driven decision-making throughout the company. You're a problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are an individual who wonders "What if?" and are passionate about seeking out the solution.
You will play a meaningful role in how we “bring data to everything” with your expertise and passion to help address the data and analytical needs of Splunk. Your knowledge of data, along with deep business context, and willingness to take action will ensure our GBO organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make decisions backed by data.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Manipulate and analyze large and complex data sets to distill insights from data; connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, effective, structured and analytical thinking.
- Design, develop and automate dashboards and analytics Leaders and Managers at scale.
- Orchestrate expert level data visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, measurable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Understand the requirements of partners and map them with the data sources/data warehouse
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance
- Partner with Data Governance and engineering teams to define the data elements and data structure that the team should use to enable analytical capabilities
- Collaborate with business customers for requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
- Standardize data and report consumption across all operations groups.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational metrics.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the cross functional leadership
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and growing business
- NetSuite, Workday, Anaplan, SAP, Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker
- Experience owning complex projects involving multiple teams
Education: Got it!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Stats or related areas
- 2+ years of related experience (investment banking or management consulting experience is a plus)