Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the leader in big data, machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. As part of our commitment to maintain and deliver world class products delivered securely on our customer trusted platform, our greatest asset to Splunk is our people.
The Splunk Global Security (SGS) Security Training, Awareness and Communications (or Security TAC) Sr. Manager is chartered with evaluating, designing and delivering a comprehensive security training, awareness and communications program that reaches all Splunkers and demonstrates our continued commitment to delivering secure code, cloud, and infrastructure to our customer community.
The end result is the foundation that quantifiably moves the security awareness posture forward and motivates all Splunkers to be empowered with a “built with Security” mindset to protect our customer data, brand and our overall organization.
- Security Training and Awareness
- Determine key metrics for reporting to track compliance, effectiveness, and modules that dive deeper into specific domains.
- Evaluate, design, and deliver the next chapter in our scalable security training and awareness program through interactive security training programs.
- Assess various business segments and deliver both enterprise and role specific security modules to dive deeper.
- Lead all aspects of development and rollout of relevant and engaging security modules and ensure participation and completion is achieved.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop security risk mitigating training and awareness strategies.
- Drive evangelism of Splunk’s security training and awareness narrative in collaboration with our Security Customer Trust team.
- Develop communication strategies and lead execution of key security programs and campaigns.
- Assess the various audiences for security awareness materials/initiatives and develop custom engagement strategies.
- Continuously seek feedback and nurture cross-functional relationships to align and strengthen the security awareness program.
- Communicate policies and procedures to support the Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Security Technical Program Management
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
- Draw the line from investments/strategic (annual) goals to annual roadmaps to Objectives and Key Results.
- Work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for security build out programs.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Influence and drive the creation of the team's roadmap.
- Asks thought provoking questions to drive conversation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent experience (Public Relations, Product Marketing, Communications)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in security training and awareness experience
- A minimum of 7 years in developing training content/modules, program and project management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Develop compelling and effective awareness content and campaigns. This may require the creation of content - from concept to writing, editing, uploading and publishing across multiple channels
- Identify / create compelling, consumable and targeted education and awareness training content that can be leveraged to increase associates’ cyber security literacy and maturity.
- Work with the team to conduct simulations and other security assessments to improve security maturity of Splunk associates.
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.