Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
This position is responsible for supporting Success Management Strategy & Operations under the Customer Experience organization. We’re looking for energetic, hardworking professionals to grow our team. If you want to work for a game-changing company on a supremely hardworking team, we definitely want to talk to you.
You are passionate about customer success as well as operations and data to support, streamline and optimize processes! We are looking for candidates with an exceptional foundation in customer success and proven experience in creating and optimizing repeatable workflow, maximizing CSM coverage and insights.
- Support the operational improvement cycle for both the Splunk Customer Success Management as well as Customer Success Advocate (CSM-at-scale) process. The operational improvement cycle includes:
- Process design - with an eye to efficiency; design new and adjust existing customer-centric processes and outcomes in support of continuous improvement
- Organizational Change - Roll out new processes and systems and supervise adoption, both internally and externally to ensure consistency
- Data Interpretation - Analyze positive and negative trends utilizing data from customers, individuals and systems
- Gap Analysis & Iteration - Leveraging data: identify gaps, assess goals and targets, produce gap analysis and promote process & design iteration
- Assist in the development of data collection methodologies and support roll-out of time studies and other data collection activities from the CSMs and CSAs
- Provide data-driven insights and metrics to the Splunk business group to advise business decisions, CSM capacity planning, consistent execution of activities and continued expansion strategy
- Ensure proper coverage for CSMs and CSAs to maximize revenue retention, given available resources
- Assist in the creation and documentation of CS adoption process and playbooks
- Advocate and contribute to systems as well as new automated processes across SFDC and Gainsight
- Provide data based insights for non-renewal to ensure continuous learning and improvement to reduce customer adoption risk
- Assist with identifying and supervising key success metrics contributing to customer health scoring
- Support the broader Success Management & Operations team by leading the quarterly planning efforts, facilitating key meetings, maintaining team calendar and supporting operational coordination
- 5+ years of experience in a SaaS environment working in an operations role or customer success
- Exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong self-awareness and communication skills to handle difficult situations with understanding and composure
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and processes both within the team and cross-functionally
- Thrives in a complex environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while still having the ability to focus on details and be analytical
- You will be a strong teammate, but still a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Technical background/experience recommended:
- Prior experience as Customer Success Manager for complex solution software
- Prior experience in data analytics and project management or Agile methodologies
- Experience with various CRMs and CSM Platforms including Salesforce and Gainsight
- Familiarity with DevOps and/or modern application architecture (micro-services)
- A process and efficiency mindset and the ability to evaluate and audit sophisticated workflows and adjust for optimal resource usage, workflow support and customer coverage to ensure revenue retention
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value
- A fast-growing and constantly evolving business and market where you will be challenged and grow
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions
- You want to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers
- Personal and Professional Growth: we believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).