Customer Success Manager Observability (O11y) Expert (SME) Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: The Splunk Customer Success Observability(O11y) SME has a deep understanding of how IT organizations and businesses implement, adopt and realize value from Splunk Observability Suite premium products. The CS Observability SME will have 3 main areas of focus.
- Customer Facing: Overlay engagement with generalist Portfolio CSMs on engagements that require deeper ITOps Domain knowledge. This could include situations where the customer has issues, or is at risk, but also general support for meetings and interactions where it’s important to show up with obvious deep domain experience in an advisory or visioning capacity – helping get customers to the next level of engagement with Splunk and the Observability Portfolio.
- Customer Success Internal: Drive skill set up-leveling and differentiate towards deeper O11y-domain plays inside CS. This could include learning and enablement, innovating playbooks, consulting on the way we engage with telemetry, feature adoption, health and sentiment scores, churn reasons, etc. through the lens of expert users. Helping us broadly get more domain expertise on how we use data to drive plays, decisions and diagnostics.
- Market Group Interlock: As a liaison between Customer Success and the internal Market Group ecosystem: An expert voice inside the CS CSM Organization that can help prioritize what we work on in interlock, and bring more context and better root-cause analysis to the issues and concerns of O11y power-users that we engage with in the field. In this role you will also help accelerate adoption by providing CS focused leadership during all stages of the project/program and advise project teams on implementation approach, strategy, integration, deployment, and adopt standard methodologies to improve delivery success and value realization.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements with laser focus on business value
- Partner with Splunk customers to identify and overcome a wide array of adoption barriers.
- Drive development & analysis of telemetry & CRM data to perform early identification of at-risk accounts while continually advising the improvement of telemetry components, data sets & key performance indicators
- Deliver domain specific, hands-on product workshops. In some cases creating or refining content.
- Participate in the initiative from the initial strategy discussions through the delivery process, requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Partner with the customer Project Managers and Delivery Managers to validate that high-level project scope, schedule, resource plan, and estimates are aligned to ensure a successful project/program outcome.
- Align Splunk resources to assist in delivering customer projects.
- Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to gather customer requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a standard methodology based result.
- Define global architecture to meet desired stated vision including business, application, data, technical, integration and O11y architectures.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to key decision-making related to new solutions and products, cross-product integrations, and product upgrades.
- Use your expertise to guide customers on how to take global architecture and delivery requirements and bridge it to their vision and desired state of their IT environment.
- Engage in risk management, risk mitigation and operational program governance to ensure successful delivery of desired outcomes.
- Effectively build and develop relationships within the customer organizations and Splunk to ensure success.
- Grow technical champions and coaches within project teams.
- Drive adoption activities to ensure there are high-performing people (training, organization, etc.) and process readiness activities to make the solution successful in achieving the desired business goals.
- Mentor customer team members in the area of product adoption & value realization. Basic Qualifications:
- We seek a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and leadership across projects and within the team
- Ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and technical leader who is highly requested by management and peers.
- Firm understanding of internal Splunk ecosystem, Specialists, Strategist, PS, CS, Sales and how they should be utilized efficiently to orchestrate an outcome for the customer.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and/or lead multiple engagements, associated tasks and outcomes.
- History of consistently delivering high quality results, including on-time quality deliverables and meeting project timelines in order to complete projects successfully that meet a customer’s requirements and vision.
- You can astutely identify and exploit future opportunities to drive additional value
- Track record of delivering and leading multi-functional global enterprise implementations.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to interface at all levels within an organization, from technical to senior management.
- Desire to continuously improve solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position.
- Ability to lead all aspects of and use Splunk resources to augment customer discussions and decisions.
- Ability to process and advocate customer requirements and product gaps into the development (R&D) organization.
- You will be certified/trained in one of more of the following – ITIL, Six Sigma, ISO 20000/27001, TOGAF (or similar frameworks) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field plus a minimum of 8 years of meaningful IT Operations experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, possibly more at peak times
#LI - Remote
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.