Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
The Splunk CSM Observability SME forms part of the CSM Specialists team. This team is a group of technology experts with a global remit, designed to provide our field CSMs with all of the knowledge and tools that they need to help customers successfully adopt our premium solutions. In this role you will be instrumental in driving the success of our Observability business (with specific focus on our Infrastructure Monitoring product line), ensuring our customers realize value from their observability solutions, and increasing our observability renewal and retention rates. The Observability SME will concentrate on Observability Premium Solutions with particular focus on our Infrastructure Monitoring product line and other monitoring technologies as they are introduced, and will focus on three major areas:
- Strategic Account Engagement: Overlay engagement with field CSMs on engagements that require specialist subject matter expertise, helping customers get to the next level of adoption of Splunk, or resolving issues that are preventing a customer from moving forward.
- Tools & Knowledge: Utilize specialist knowledge to build tools, assets and enablement content to scale through the wider CSM team. This may include creating standard on-boarding journeys, building fully or semi-automated digital journeys or building playbooks for the CSM team for common situations they may encounter.
- Business Ownership: Be responsible for the adoption and retention business for the specialist product(s), utilizing telemetry and perspective scoring to identify and (via the wider CSM team) remediate areas of adoption risk ensuring our customers realize the value they expected from their solution.
- Engage directly with key customers on their observability requirements and associated business value
- Deliver observability specific, hands-on product workshops, creating or refining content as needed
- Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to gather customer requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based result
- Use your experience partnering with Splunk customers to identify and overcome a wide array of barriers
- Conduct analysis of existing telemetry & CRM data to perform early identification of at-risk opportunities while continually advising the improvement of telemetry components, data sets & KPIs
- Use your expertise to identify trends and themes that cause barriers to adoption and create playbooks, enablement or other materials to remove those barriers
- Define and create the necessary materials to enable the CSM team to guide customers through their Splunk Observability adoption journey - and self-serve materials that customers can utilize directly
- Manage the active Observability business, identifying customers at risk and working with the broader CSM team to remove barriers and help the customer get back on track
- 5+ years working with observability products, either as a vendor or within a customer organization
- Experience of Splunk observability products or direct competitors preferred
- Ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and technical leader who is highly requested by management and peers
- Firm understanding of the pre-sale and post-sale ecosystems and how the roles should be utilized efficiently to orchestrate an outcome for the customer
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and/or lead multiple engagements, associated tasks and outcomes
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and leadership across projects and within the team
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to interface at all levels within an organization, from technical to senior management
- Desire to continuously improve solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position
- Ability to process and advocate client requirements and product gaps into the development (R&D) organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field plus a minimum of 8 years of meaningful Observability operations experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, possibly more at peak times
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $119,230.77. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).