Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in acquisition strategy, M&A and strategic venture investing?
We are hiring a Director to join Splunk’s Corporate Development team, responsible for driving inorganic growth at Splunk through M&A, Splunk Ventures investments and inbound OEM licensing. The team collaborates closely with senior Splunk leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors. This role reports into the VP, Head of Corporate Development.
As a Corporate Development Director, you will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of Splunk’s markets and relevant companies within those markets, identify opportunities for inorganic growth and provide recommendations to Splunk leaders. You must have experience spearheading an M&A transaction process, which includes crafting a business case, performing due diligence, and driving integration planning with cross-functional teams.
You will have significant visibility within Splunk and have opportunities for increased responsibility as our team and company grow. Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, communication / interpersonal skills, project management skills and a commitment to continuously learn.
- Research adjacent markets, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting Splunk
- Partner with Splunk leaders on M&A; strategy development and build/buy/partner decisions
- Identify, establish relationships with and evaluate potential acquisition, investment and inbound OEM opportunities
- Play significant role in deal execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project management
- Prepare presentations for Splunk leaders that balance detailed analysis with crisp conclusions
- Operationalize Corp Dev processes to help Splunk scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions and investments
- Experience defining and communicating the value and impact of a potential acquisition and a strong history of deal-making
- Experience working across the business: this role will partner with strategy, product, marketing, finance, legal, and engineering teams to evaluate, explore and execute acquisition opportunities
- Intellectual curiosity and knowledge around enterprise / infrastructure software and related trends
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels
- Sound judgement used to navigate complex scenarios
- Experience managing team members
- A strong network of tech industry contacts, especially within the startup community
Education & Experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience; Corporate Development experience within the technology industry a strong plus
- Solid analytical experience grounded in strong business/finance fundamentals (MBA, JD or comparable experience e. g. corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, etc.)
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.