The Splunk legal organization is looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual with contracts management and contract negotiation experience with at least 6 years of specific experience in the software industry to join our rapidly growing team in the role of Contract Manager. You will be responsible for negotiating and advising on strategic technology and services agreements and providing legal support for local and regional services and initiatives. Typical transactions will range from NDAs and standard contracts to complex, high- value agreements. The role also includes managing and facilitating various aspect of the contract process, including the contracts management systems, and providing training, administrative support and process improvements for internal clients.
You will need to develop great business relationships with each of Sales, Sales Ops, Best Practices, Procurement, Finance and Legal, and your internal business clients at Splunk and maintain a "can-do" approach. Do you have that? You should also have a growth mindset that means you identify business need and any areas for improvement.
You will report to our Director, APAC Council. Your responsibilities will include managing and executing process, reviewing contracts, identifying issues requiring legal/business approval, and will work with various departments to expedite transaction generation, approval and close. You will be able to interpret standard contracts and bring out the issues that need either a business or legal decision.
- Support drafting, reviewing and negotiating standard agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, software licensing (both on-premise and SaaS), maintenance and consulting agreements and partner agreements.
- Work closely with customer and partner procurement departments.
- Manage and facilitate various aspects of the contract process, including the contracts management application and other business applications, contract generation, non-standard term approval and contract signature and close.
- Work side by side with legal team members and with internal clients such as sales, operations, services, compliance, finance and others to implement and train sales on contracting compliance policies and processes.
- Contract administration including contract process improvement, and contract management tool maintenance, tracking and reporting.
- Compiling and summarizing information about contract provisions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Six years of meaningful contract negotiation and management in a major law firm or a sophisticated in house legal department, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts.
- Excellent recordkeeping and record retention skills.
- Experience in reviewing software license and professional services orders to assess and ensure compliance with Splunk’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to carefully proofread and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, but collaboratively, prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic evolving environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills needed to interact across all levels and professional demeanor
- Expertise in word, Excel, PowerPoint and Apttus (or other contract management tool)
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!