Consulting Solution Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Role: A Consulting Solutions Engineer supports the pre-sales process for our technical field team.
You will work with Splunk’s account teams on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s IT Ops and Observability-focused solutions to Federal clients. You will be the "eyes & ears" for the field serving as the domain expert for customers while acting as the SME across Splunk’s Observability solutions including the ITSI, SignalFx, VictorOps, Omnition and core Splunk technology products.
Location: Greater Washington, DC area or any other US metropolitan city
Travel: Up to 75% travel
- Establishing and proactively maintaining valuable relationships with clients and partners.
- Work closely with direct account teams to understand sales strategies and plan for support of that strategy including briefings, demos, proposals, Proof of Values (POVs), integrations and issue resolution for Splunk’s ITOps and Observability solutions.
- Communicate directly with Spunk customers to understand IT architecture, infrastructure, and value-based objectives in order to map a customer’s priorities to Splunk's product capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s IT and Observability solutions to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years of experience as a successful pre-sales engineer (SE), systems integrator/professional services, or equivalent experience selling to IT organizations.
- Experience with Defense, Intelligence Community or Federal Systems Integrators (FSI’s)
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management/development, operations, etc.)
- Knowledge of APM technologies (real and synthetic monitoring, traceability, observability). Experience with various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc. (preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred). Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Experience with working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Prior IT Infrastructure, Engineering or Network Operations Center experience preferred (NOC)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, substantial relevant on the job experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Active clearance required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.