: Chicago, Indy, Kansas City, St. Louis, Omaha, Des Moines
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to Turn Data Into Doing™. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our technology and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success!
A Consulting Solutions Engineer supports the pre-sales process for our technical field team.
You will work with Splunk’s account teams on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s security solutions to our largest commercial clients spanning all business sectors and sizes. You will be the "eyes & ears" for the field serving as the subject matter expert for our security products, supporting customers and prospects in the Central region.
Travel: Up to 50%
- Establishing and proactively maintaining value added relationships with clients and partners.
- Work closely with direct account teams to understand sales strategies and plan for support of that strategy including briefings, demos, proposals, Proof of Values (POVs), integrations and issue resolution for Splunk’s security portfolio.
- Communicate directly with Spunk customers to understand security architecture, infrastructure, and cyber security objectives in order to map a customer’s security priorities to Splunk product capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s security products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Hands-on leadership to resolution of technical/integration problems.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of security technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive,fun-loving attitude.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or substantial relevant on the job experience
- 5+ years of experience as a successful pre-sales engineer (SE), systems integrator, or equivalent experience within cybersecurity
- Familiarity with modern cyber threats and malware, incident response (IR) practices, security information and event management (SIEM), automation tools, and endpoint technologies.
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages -- particularly Python
- Familiarity with “big data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, NoSQL)
- Highly desirable industry certifications include: SANS GIAC, CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- You live in Locations: Chicago, Indy, Kansas City, St. Louis, Omaha, Des Moines
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.