Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated Compliance Architect who is passionate about delivering technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to the company. You want to make a difference at Splunk and stand out from others. You will build consultative, partnership relationships with business owners, internal/external auditors, and engineering teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps, maturity and internal controls management. You are a detail oriented, analytical, upbeat and creative leader and someone who thrives in a dynamic environment. You are responsible for the creation and maintenance of the common controls framework that meets or exceeds various technology security compliance and internal controls with an emphasis on consolidation. You are experienced in Cloud environments or work in the software industry. You will need to have experience working with engineers on translating compliance requirements to them in a technical manner. You are willing and able to travel (domestic and international) for approximately 10 to 20% of the time.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will own and handle the intake, assessment, and design of technical control requirements to be incorporated into a centralized control framework.
- You will ensure proper identification and mitigation of risks / processes / internal control gaps that have potential technical, strategic, and compliance risk implications.
- You will engage with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on new and ongoing control initiatives.
- Your hands-on experience in identifying and designing control requirements related to ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST, FedRAMP and others will enable you to build a consolidated control framework.
- You will assist in the planning and execution of technology and security assessments within Splunk's Operations and Technology areas.
- You will use your familiarity with cloud and cybersecurity knowledge to build clear, concise controls. Drive education of process/control owners so they better understand the controls framework and their operational responsibilities.
- You will develop dashboards and metrics for measuring efficacy of implemented controls.
- You will design automation to enable scalability of the compliance programs.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience
- You have extensive hands on experience of reviewing technologies including OS, databases, network infrastructure, application security, Linux/Windows system security, networking, mobile device security, cloud technologies and applications (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS environments, etc.).
- You have experience in designing, implementing and validating controls from at least two industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g. NIST, SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, OWASP, ITIL, etc).
- Professional certifications e.g. CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA are a plus. Strong leadership, communication, presentation and social skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Proficient in systems / technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- You are a team-player with high EQ.
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, efficient and can work independently to multitask and lead workload to timely completion.
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language a plus.
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts a plus.
- You have skills in MS Excel, Word and Presentation with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.