Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst - SMG
The Splunk Security Markets Group is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support the Product and Sales initiative. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) market space in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
- Take pride researching the SIEM and SOAR market space, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor product strengths, improvements and weaknesses at a technical level and offer positioning guidance to the field teams.
- Identify and assess competitive strengths as well as growing opportunities, and identify groundbreaking methods of exploiting competitive strengths
- Support Product Management with product feature gap analysis, competitive threats and product launch strategies derived from competitive analysis
- Work with marketing to formulate competitive sales strategies, product demonstrations, content, and collateral
- Passionate about working with sales, SEs, and customer success to assist in closing customer sales.
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, business insight, positioning and tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Committed to working directly with the sales team to help close opportunities
- Deep knowledge with product marketing to create scalable product content and improvements that articulate the benefits & differentiators of our product offerings
- Passionate about analyzing data and building executive reports on rapidly growing win/loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Security experience (product or practitioner) required
- Highly motivated written and verbal skills are a huge plus - expected to support executive-level presentations and improvements.
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle and purchaser mindset.
- Strong grasp on insight generation scalability, influencing, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to analyze new products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to quickly create collateral to differentiate the Splunk product offering and improvements.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented, fun, and dedicated peers you can learn and grow from.
- Free snacks, stocked kitchens, a rooftop patio, cold brew coffee and a host of other perks.
- Fun. It is literally one of our core tenets.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers by giving them ownership and leadership opportunities.
- Work life balance, with the ability to work at home at times, take extended vacations and enjoy your personal time.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.