Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results within Commercial Customers? Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to join a fast-growing, dynamic organisation?
We are hiring a Commercial Sales Manager to join our UK based team covering UK and Emerging Markets. You will play a key role in driving a significant share of the revenue for Splunk within the Commercial Sector.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Directly handle an Inside Commercial team (quota carrying) and work closely with technical resources to deliver quota.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Support Commercial Sales Director in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Ability to negotiate favourable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Effective use of Sales Engineering, in-house and partner services resources, and our sales methodology and processes.
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate with both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Strong experience in hiring, building and coaching front line sales teams within a fast-growing enterprise software company.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite: you have a record of closing six and seven-figure software licensing deals. You have the ability to grow and scale upward with the company.
- Strong executive presence and polish, with extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment while being able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Passion: Our customers are very passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our reps. We believe that you should be passionate about the projects you work on.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Experience in using CRM systems (Salesforce.com).