Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Commercial Regional Sales Manager - SLED
Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk Public Sector. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award winning software into well-known/brand named companies. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success selling software or services and in building beneficial, lasting relationships with customers.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Inbound lead follow-up and status update through the company CRM system
- Outbound prospecting/Lead generation
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Schedule product demos for qualified customers
- Manage accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with a field representative
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 3+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies/businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- Own and managed the entire sales process and cycle from start to finish
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and quota
- Consistent track record of success in consultative sales environments
- Consistent track record of developing new business and managing sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Able to commute daily to our Plano office (this is not a remote position and we are only considering local candidates in the Plano/Dallas area and do not offer relocation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing or Science, or equivalent experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.