Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering impactful sales results within Customers? Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to join a fast-growing, dynamic organization?
We are hiring an Enterprise Account Manager to join our growing team. You will play an imperative role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk working closely with our Partners and internal partners across the region. The position will be based in Shanghai.
● Consistently deliver aggressive license, support, and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines of East China Enterprises, especially for Top Multinational Corporation and Global Accounts in Shanghai
● Lead partnership with internal Sales Engineering and Customer Success, as well as Partner resources to drive unified engagement to our customers.
● Lead accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services based on customer requirements.
● Partner with the Marketing team to align on events to present and network at that enables prospecting of new business opportunities.
● Possess ability to learn and become knowledgeable of Splunk products to advise customers and enable value conversation.
● Demonstrates ability to apply specific use cases to address customer challenges, and position successful Splunk solutions to achieve desired outcomes for customers.
● Forecast opportunities by understanding and driving company sales methodology and processes that lead to successful sales outcomes.
● Build strategic customer pipelines and track potential buyers through understanding and navigating the customer purchasing process.
● Applies industry knowledge and client market intelligence to develop sales strategies and position Splunk as a solution.
● Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment, and partnering with internal collaborators/specialists
● Minimum of 5 -10 years of experience in selling enterprise software solutions
● Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals.
● Relevant software validated experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management and CRM systems (Sales Force). Strong fundamentals in value selling methodologies.
● Familiarity with Splunk software products and ability to learn their functionalities, and how they address customer needs.
● Strong executive presence with ability to negotiate and deliver persuasive presentations that articulate complex concepts simply.
● Adaptable and thrives in a constantly evolving environment with ability to demonstrate resilience.
● Able to work as part of a team as well as independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
● Strong ability to demonstrate building of customer relationships.
● Consistent track record of success in consultative sales environments and developing new business and running sales cycle (territory/account planning) from generating leads through closing
● Self-starter with tight-knit collaboration and partnership with internal teams as well as external partners.
● Outstanding skills in managing deals with many partners and ability to demonstrate influence without authority.
Education: Got it!
MBA or Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer: At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings: CNY 800,000.00 - 1,100,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.